GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
I have the same questions about how this compares to stage 2 HO since that isn't supported anymore. That tune was the perfect mix of torque and HP IMO

My 2016 w/ stage 2 HO was totaled and I had to buy a new 2019 and am starting the tuning process over again :cry:

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
I have the same questions about how this compares to stage 2 HO since that isn't supported anymore. That tune was the perfect mix of torque and HP IMO

My 2016 w/ stage 2 HO was totaled and I had to buy a new 2019 and am starting the tuning process over again :cry:
You don't live in Cali, just buy Cobb and choose a from an ocean of tunes available...

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
1653487510713.png

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI

Version 1.3 is now available for the APR DTR6054 Turbocharger System for MK7/7.5 GTI, GLI, A3, and TT platform vehicles! This update brings a host of improvements to power delivery and protection routines that may have artificially limited power on some vehicles in some situations on the previous versions. Furthermore, this update also brings a tweak to our DQ381 7 Speed DSG software to improve acceleration in some situations. Both updates are now available at all APR dealers. This is a free update, including typical labor at APR dealers – Just have your dealer contact APR with any questions related to billing.

Please note, the updates are not necessary or applicable to the DQ250 6 Speed transmission TCUs, or the MK7/7.5 Golf R/S3/TTS platform ECUs.

Support for ECUs outside of the USA and Canada are set to release in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!

#GOAPR

Last edited:

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
@Arin@APR will the DSG tune (DTR) be available for the Alltrack / gsw ?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
The APR DTR6054 now supports the ROW / European / Non-USA/Canada Markets!

Details
https://goapr.io/rowdtr

This ROW release is designed for use on Rest of World (ROW) / European / Non-USA / Non-Canadian market vehicles that feature a 2.0T EA888.3 engine with an IS20 factory turbocharger. Typical vehicles include the MQB Audi A3, Q3, S1, SQ2, and TT, VW Jetta / GLI, Golf GTI, and Tiguan, Skoda Octavia, Seat Leon, and more with manual and DSG/S-Tronic transmissions. This includes both Simos 18 and Simos 18.10 ECUs, and both GPF/OPF and Non-GPF/OPF based vehicles. Software support for IS38 factory turbocharger based vehicles such as the MQB Golf R, S3, and similar platform vehicles are still in development but not available at this time.

Please note:

Specific software is required to use this system. Software is included for various vehicles. Software compatibility must be checked before purchase. If no software is found, a software request must be made and filled before purchase. The software installs to your vehicle's factory ECU. Software can only be installed by an Authorized APR dealer.

This system reuses your factory electronic wastegate and electronic diverter valve. To safely achieve the advertised power use an upgraded Intake and Intercooler. To prevent clutch slip use our transmission software or a manual clutch upgrade. Use APR spark plugs or NGK heat range 9 (NGKR7437-9) spark plugs gapped to 0.024" ±0.002" or 0.6mm ±0.05mm with a change interval of 10-15,000 mi or 16-24,000 km. Always use a high performance oil with more frequent change intervals.

To fit this system with APR Compressor Outlet Pipes, use the APR DTR6054 Compressor Outlet Hose Conversion Kit (MS100213).

19birel

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
Couple Questions- I see the kit listed for $1,499 but on the website the price $1,667 is crossed out, is that higher price going to be the new price going forward, if so when?

Also, if I want the AWD file, do I just request that to be flashed when I take the car to the local APR dealer to get tuned or do I have to request a specific code for it from APR when I order the turbo kit?

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Couple Questions- I see the kit listed for $1,499 but on the website the price $1,667 is crossed out, is that higher price going to be the new price going forward, if so when?

Also, if I want the AWD file, do I just request that to be flashed when I take the car to the local APR dealer to get tuned or do I have to request a specific code for it from APR when I order the turbo kit?
Price - no idea - just tell the shop that you want the AWD file. The code is a blanket code for all of the ECU files associated with the kit.

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
That threw me off too when I went to buy mine. I bought mine off of Modded Euros. $1,500 without any extra charge.

19birel

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
Price - no idea - just tell the shop that you want the AWD file. The code is a blanket code for all of the ECU files associated with the kit.
Awesome, that's easy enough! Thanks for the clarification
That threw me off too when I went to buy mine. I bought mine off of Modded Euros. $1,500 without any extra charge.
ECS shows it for $1,499 still as well, but I saw FCP actually carries the kit and they have it listed for $1,622 so I think we might see a price increase come the new year. Was thinking of pulling the trigger on one at the lower pricing while I can but spending a little more to have the FCP lifetime warranty might be worth it.

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
The price has been posted like that for many months now. As far as when a price increase is going to happen @Arin@APR would have to answer. Arin did mention back many months ago an increase would likely happen but wasn't sure when.