APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
If I didn't already have an IS38 I would be all over this

tigeo

Autocross Champion
There is no reason you can't use this turbo/tune with an aftermarket DP - the ECU will deal with the small difference in flow (I realize this isn't how the calibration was developed), it's the CEL from the O2 sensor that's the only hiccup as I see it. Also would be nice to see this for the 1.8.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
IIt has over 100 + more HP than an IS38.
According to APR this setup with the 91 octane file makes 41hp and 24ft/lbs more at the crank than my current setup. The new kit is more powerful but not enough for me to justify spending $1500usd+ on another turbo upgrade. If I was still IS20 I would have ordered the kit for sure.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
According to APR this setup with the 91 octane file makes 41hp and 24ft/lbs more at the crank than my current setup. The new kit is more powerful but not enough for me to justify spending $1500usd+ on another turbo upgrade. If I was still IS20 I would have ordered the kit for sure.

Yeah. If you're an IS20 GTI, that's either stock or stage 1, it's stupid how good of a deal this is. It's basically $1,500 for a 400hp car with no other mods "required". You'd definitely want some kind of intercooler, but it sounds like it isn't required.

The $1,500 kit makes much less sense if you're in an R or already on an IS38.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
What’s the process for reverting back to the stock tune for emissions testing in CA?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
What’s the process for reverting back to the stock tune for emissions testing in CA?

I think the whole point is you don't have to?

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I think the whole point is you don't have to?
I wish that were the case here however I’m pretty sure that tunes are verboten. They used to not check but I believe they will now be enforcing this. I’m only in a JB4 but have been planning for turbo / tune for a while.

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
The kit is pending CARB approval. If it gets an EO number you won't have to flash back.
That’s perfect. Hope this is the case.