GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

jawndropper

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
That actually looks really good now after I was just quoted $1300 labor only. Looks like I'm sticking with the stock turbo.
YOLO. Dont be silly, Send It.

Attachments

• F6B31AC6-5FB4-4BEC-AC86-72D8A7E8AC34.gif
    F6B31AC6-5FB4-4BEC-AC86-72D8A7E8AC34.gif
    873.3 KB · Views: 52

Malingerer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
That actually looks really good now after I was just quoted $1300 labor only. Looks like I'm sticking with the stock turbo.
Did you only get 1 quote for labor ? Where did you go ? Where are you located which will
Make a difference on price I’m sure

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I've had a turbo installed twice (IS20, 38) and paid the shop I use - about $700 I believe which is reasonable considering typical hourly shop rates and how long this takes.

ChristopherNeil

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I should note, that price included replacing my factory downpipe, midpipe, fluids, new apr carbon inlet pipe, and vehicle to drive (comp'd).

I'm in San Diego, where even discounted rates are expensive. Space constraints (small garage), my admitted lack of knowledge on this platform, and it being my only vehicle at this time, justifies me paying a master tech to wrench and get it done right the first time. The owner of the dealership also loyally supports my business personally, so given an opportunity to support another family business is important.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Anyone's free to come to my garage, I'll swap your turbo for $1k no problem :ROFLMAO:

GreatFallsofGreen

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GFG 7.5, 6MT
I should note, that price included replacing my factory downpipe, midpipe, fluids, new apr carbon inlet pipe, and vehicle to drive (comp'd).

I'm in San Diego, where even discounted rates are expensive. Space constraints (small garage), my admitted lack of knowledge on this platform, and it being my only vehicle at this time, justifies me paying a master tech to wrench and get it done right the first time. The owner of the dealership also loyally supports my business personally, so given an opportunity to support another family business is important.
Where in SD did you go? I don’t think there’s any major shops besides Pure?!

ChristopherNeil

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Where in SD did you go? I don’t think there’s any major shops besides Pure?!
Herman Cook VW in Encinitas. I've used Pure for everything else. For this though, the dealer was most convenient. I think we ordered the kit Wednesday, was there Friday, brought the car in Monday. Usually at Pure I have a 2-3 week wait and I was impatient 🙃

sirnerdington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI S w/DSG
@Arin@APR Can you talk about the differences between drive modes with the ECU/TCU tune? For example, are there changes to the Eco mode (yes I know, boo eco mode but I still road trip this car and don’t always need to go full beans) or has that been left alone?