GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
I took my car in for work and had an intercooler installed because "while it's in the shop..." (and it was on sale). Stock power for a while after and then all I added was a jb1. Still glad I have the upgraded IC.

ucfquattroguy

Go Kart Newbie
In before Arin chimes in and tells you kids to "settle down...the dude on OE Intercooler with the IS38 not doing track days is just fine." Hah!

Y'all haven't lived until you've seen 80-100F temp rise during a 3rd gear pull on an OG 1.8T car on factory intercooler. OE intercooling is much better now than in those days. Not saying go out and do track days...but for a true street driven car, it'll be safe

Last edited:

ElCheapoA3

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
8V A3 Quattro
Is the "Full Send" tune locked away until you request it because of warranty reasons? As in it is very aggressive for the DSG/Haldex on the A3/S3/R models?

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Y'all haven't lived until you've seen 80-100F temp rise during a 3rd gear pull on an OG 1.8T car on factory intercooler. OE intercooling is much better now than in those days. Not saying go out and do track days...but for a true street driven car, it'll be safe
I don’t think anyone is saying it’s not safe for the engine, it’s definitely not good that the knock sensors are off the rails, but it’s more just that someone would spend money on so many upgrades but leave the intercooler alone. Especially if you live in the south lmao.