GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apr downpipe with AWE track exhaust

jetplaness

Passed Driver's Ed
this is probably a stupid question but i have a stage 2 gti mk7.5 with a APR downpipe and a AWE track exhaust. I love it, the only thing is that it seemed way louder when i first put it on and now that its broken in it seems way more quiet. This could also be due to the fact im also just used to it now which is most likely the case, but any ideas or thoughts on how to make it a bit louder? Thinking of swapping the AWE for a different catback but not sure if itll change much

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Cut out the muffler? That's the only way to go louder unless you remove your turbo or go engine swap.

I can't imagine wanting that loud, but thank God I'm not your neighbor or you'd wind up with a plugged exhaust, lol.

ImpetuousOne

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTi S DSG
Maybe look into swapping the muffler with a resonator😉. My APR non-rez catback seemed barely more audible than stock. The Vibrant brought out some of the volume and tone I was accustomed to with my straight-piped Fiesta ST and the MBRP Race I had on my ecostang. I'd be happy with a bit more, so the rez might get deleted at some point.

Attachments

• IMG_20210109_115653391.jpg
    IMG_20210109_115653391.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 95