GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Downpipe and Stage 2

napadirt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 2DR PP MT, Macan
My APR dealer installed a Vibrant 1141 2.5" Ultra Quiet Resonator in the straight section downstream of the stock mid-section resonator, and upstream of the rear muffler.

After the mid-section resonator, the exhaust pipe angles towards the driver's side, then goes straight for about 18 inches, then angles back before going into the rear muffler. The Vibrant 1141 fit nicely in that 18 inch straight section.

It made a big difference in volume, and I certainly feel no difference in power. Very pleased with the result.

Would you mind posting a photo of what this looks like?

I don't see anyway to fit a resonator without resorting to a semi-custom exhaust.

delaynomore1

Thanks guys. So after putting in the code,
MPN: 30.10.46
Price: $1,044.95
GolfMk7Forum: -$52.25
Total: $992.70

This does not even calculate tax and shipping.
Am I missing anything? How did you guys get it under $900 shipped.

It was $899 for a while on ModdedEuros before.. It wasn't listed as 'On sale', so I'm not sure why it went up in price. I actually wanted to get this downpipe as well, but since the price went up and the AWE downpipe price went down, I might as well get the AWE =)

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
It was $899 for a while on ModdedEuros before.. It wasn't listed as 'On sale', so I'm not sure why it went up in price. I actually wanted to get this downpipe as well, but since the price went up and the AWE downpipe price went down, I might as well get the AWE =)

Neuspeed had mandatory price increases on their full line that went into effect March 1 for all retailers

Z27

Ready to race!
Neuspeed had mandatory price increases on their full line that went into effect March 1 for all retailers

I wish I knew this so I could've bought it then. Any chance you could offer the same price for a limited time?

+ the coupon = $849

wave

Ready to race!
I have a $189 eBay down pipe and a 42DD CEL spacer. Sure the pipe came in 2 pieces with a band clamp for when you put it together, but after getting it fitted in the car I simply clamped it tight, pulled it back off, and TIG welded it together into one piece. The material is the same, the fitment was fine, and the spacer has eliminated the CEL with my JB1 and lack of tune. Couldn't be happier. To each their own.

Also, cat-less is very loud.

normcaldwell

Go Kart Newbie

I don't see anyway to fit a resonator without resorting to a semi-custom exhaust.

Yes, I'll do that. It will be a few days before I can get to taking a pic or two, but will post back in this thread when done.

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
I wish I knew this so I could've bought it then. Any chance you could offer the same price for a limited time?

+ the coupon = $849

I am sorry we cannot as Neuspeed pricing went into effect on March 1 and we must comply to our dealer terms or risk losing our contract

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
I did not care for the sound of the APR downpipe at first. Thought it was too loud and wanted to find a way to return the sound nearer to stock with the same performance.

After some brief reaearch I concluded this wasnot really possible and gave up. After a few weeks, once I got over the change (the car is nearly silent stock), I actaully like the sound of the downpipe.

I think others might have the same expirence. They'll like te sound if given enough time to adapt.

I just had the APR downpipe installed yesterday and was amazed at how awesome just the dp sounds! It was louder than expected but still quiet when not on the throttle. The DSG farts are epic!!! It has really transformed the character of the car and I love it. It is in no way ricey though, still subdued with a little bite so others know that you have some power. I had several combos of exhausts on my Mk6 GTI and just the dp on the Mk7 sounds as good as a full turboback on the Mk6.

I felt that the stock set up was way too quiet unless you really pushed the car. If you don't like some growl you may want a catted and resonated dp on this car.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion

+ the coupon = $849

I'm not a huge APR fan anymore but the APR downpipe is incredibly well made and fit perfectly. It will possibly outlast the car and it's cheaper than the Neuspeed part. My tuner did free install too which is insane so that may have swayed my decision :D

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
I'm not a huge APR fan anymore but the APR downpipe is incredibly well made and fit perfectly. It will possibly outlast the car and it's cheaper than the Neuspeed part. My tuner did free install too which is insane so that may have swayed my decision :D

I would totally get the APR down pipe and if the install is free too that is totally a no brainier. I am on APR stage 1 now and I love it. I am on stock clutch and so far so good no slippages. I am afraid to push my luck and go to stage II. I mean as is I cant fully put the power down in second and 3rd so stage 2 is a bit overkill but I love power.

normcaldwell

Go Kart Newbie
Hi Norm - I have the APR downpipe and also think it's too loud. Could you share more info about the Vibrant resonator, such as the part number and if there were any 'gotchas' installing it?

Vibrant 1141 2.5" Ultra Quiet Resonator - installed pic.
Took care of the too-loud issue for me.

Yppf77

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
My APR dealer installed a Vibrant 1141 2.5" Ultra Quiet Resonator in the straight section downstream of the stock mid-section resonator, and upstream of the rear muffler.

After the mid-section resonator, the exhaust pipe angles towards the driver's side, then goes straight for about 18 inches, then angles back before going into the rear muffler. The Vibrant 1141 fit nicely in that 18 inch straight section.

It made a big difference in volume, and I certainly feel no difference in power. Very pleased with the result.

After installing this Vibrant 1141 did it make a big difference on the start up sound? I just got the downpipe installed and this it's a little too loud starting up.