GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Boost Gauge Issue

elamothe15

Ready to race!
Using an APR boost gauge with a direct APR boost tap.

Recently the gauge has been acting up and starting at ~13psi at idle. Obviously this is incorrect as it should be ~-21mmHg.

It will act really weird (fluttering up and down) until finally settling down after a couple minutes. Once it settles down it seems to respond properly but it will read ~10 psi boost under no throttle and shoot up when throttle is given (like normal, just seems to be with scaled up values). This has happened about 5-6 times now. When I stop, I simple pop the hood and unplug the wire connection which seems to fix the issue for a little while.

If I turn my car off and on it does not fix the issue. Seems that it must be unplugged. Thoughts?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
If it was working correctly before, and you have no leaks, it must be the gauge. There are ways to test it. You can buy or borrow a vacuum tester, and use compressed air with a regulator set at the maximum your gauge should read. But since it's likely the gauge why don't you just call APR?

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Is there condensation in the line? Does APR recommend a filter be used on the vacuum line going to the gauge?

elamothe15

Ready to race!
Hmm never thought about condensation in the line. I really think it's wiring or electrical related since I've been able to get it to go away by unplugging the electrical piece and plugging it back in. But I never thought of the others.

I should still have warranty on it but if there was a way to try and troubleshoot it and fix it myself instead of going through the hassle of installing it again I'd rather do that