GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apple Carplay unit issue

kubajz

Car(s)
VW Golf VII Variant
Hi everyone,

can anyone help me with my issue with this kit please?
My infotainment screen stays blacked out time to time while starting car and the only fix is to restart this unit by re-plugging power cable.
I've decided to change car battery for brand new one (Varta 12V 70Ah) as the previous one was 6 years old (from the date of manufacture of the car) before writing you to make sure that the issue is not on battery side even though it seems for me as the VW unit falls into some kind of power safe mode in these cases..
Car is not saying anything about low battery voltage when this issue happens as well as car starts without any issue whatsoever.
When this kind of issue happen I can hear some clicking sound from this AA/AC unit, but it seems it's somehow working (except display) as I can play music via Apple CarPlay to my car.

Please see below some more details
Car: VW Golf Variant 2.0TDI, year: late 2016
VW Infotainment: 3QOO35819A, HW: H24, SW: O24O
Carplay unit: SDK Version: 25.0.0.7.0.0.2.0, CUST Version: V3.6.6.CPI.MQB, MCU Version: 21.7.1.101, HW Version: MQB_G
Attaching some photos here

Do you have any idea what may cause this issue, please?
Perhaps it may be solved by disabling "power safe mode" for VW unit if something like this exists? If so, could you please describe in short how to do that?

Thanks in advance

kubajz

Car(s)
VW Golf VII Variant
I should also mention that not even welcome screen is displayed when this issue happen so it really seems to be issue on original VW unit more than this AA/AC unit..
I'm thinking whether some update can resolve my problem? If so can I do it by my own? What if something fails? Can I do also some rollback or I need to visit manufacturer?