GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

App connect not working in Middle East!!!!

MELVIN ANDREWS

Ready to race!

So I have not been able to connect using app connect since yesterday, all I got was the attached which said I need to contact dealer for activation code. After contacting the dealer I got a response today stating that the app connect feature is currently not available in the Middle East and will be made available in a few months!!! Anybody on the forum that have been able to use app connect, please let me know. Objective is to reach out to my dealer and tell him there are others in the Middle East who are able to connect and try and figure out what the actual issue is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlos Fandango

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTD DSG
Exactly the same issue as you, same message and the dealers are no help at all, I'm just going to leave it, from looking at a YouTube video of it working I can't quite see what I'd actually use it for.

I think the feature was designed for more basic cars without sat Nav and Bluetooth

MELVIN ANDREWS

Ready to race!
Exactly the same issue as you, same message and the dealers are no help at all, I'm just going to leave it, from looking at a YouTube video of it working I can't quite see what I'd actually use it for.

I think the feature was designed for more basic cars without sat Nav and Bluetooth

My issue is that it seems to be a roll out problem as not all MIB 2 have the same issue, there are people in the forum who have it working. Just want the dealer/ VW to be forthcoming with the correct information.

Talal_Alsenan

Passed Driver's Ed
My MIB2 is working with Android auto.. But I had to install the client in my Android device from outside Google play cause it wasn't released for our region

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk

eli1981

Hey MELVIN,

Did you (or anyone else) find a solution to the "app connect not shown" problem?

I have about the same problem with my Polo GTI 2015, app connect icon is not shown in the MIB II system.

My guess is that it's because of my country code (Israel), and maybe if we'll find a way to change the country code setting to a country that app connect is enabled (vcds?) it'd work.

Appreciate your thoughts on that.

-L

MELVIN ANDREWS

Ready to race!
Hey L,
No solution yet, but the dealer said it will be available in a few months at which point it will be a paid upgrade I suppose.
Your suggestion about the country code is interesting but then on the forums there are some ppl who have access and some who don't. Let me ask someone who has more experience with vcds

kobi_g

Hey MELVIN,

Did you (or anyone else) find a solution to the "app connect not shown" problem?

I have about the same problem with my Polo GTI 2015, app connect icon is not shown in the MIB II system.

My guess is that it's because of my country code (Israel), and maybe if we'll find a way to change the country code setting to a country that app connect is enabled (vcds?) it'd work.

Appreciate your thoughts on that.

-L

Hi Eli,
It's a known problem and we are trying different ways to solve it.
We hope someone will have the option to add/enable it to IL cars.

msafar95

I recently picked up my 2016 Golf GTI and I have no problems with App-Connect. However that same message does come up when I press the voice command button on the steering wheel :/

Huzman

I recently picked up my 2016 Golf GTI and I have no problems with App-Connect. However that same message does come up when I press the voice command button on the steering wheel :/

Nabooda or Ali & Sons?
Met another R owner who made the purchase a month ago.. Same problem with Appconnect..
Voice not working for me as well.

Huzman

Dealer seems to be very inconsistent! Strange how standard features are included on some and excluded on other vehicles...and the sales/ service folk don't have a clue.. My fears on dealing with Nabooda as a dealer are coming true.

Carlos Fandango

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTD DSG
Dealer seems to be very inconsistent! Strange how standard features are included on some and excluded on other vehicles...and the sales/ service folk don't have a clue.. My fears on dealing with Nabooda as a dealer are coming true.

Same here, dealers don't even know what apple car play is, popped into one during the week to try and buy some carbon grey touch up paint and guess what, they have to order it in, it's only one of the most popular colours over here, is it a lot to ask for them to carry a few bottles in stock! :mad: