GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

App Button not working after upgrading to 8 inch Glass Screen

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Hopefully @mr-fix mat be able to answer this for me?

I have a mid- 2016 Mk7 Golf R with an MIB2 Discover Pro system with 8inch mat screen.
I recently swapped the 8inch matt screen with an 8inch gloss screen fitted to later vehicles.
The screen works as it should (with improved resolution) apart from the 1 x known issue which is that the 'App' button (that replaces the 'Traffic' button) does not function.
From research, I knew that the 'App' button would definitely not work (without software updates) on pre 2016 cars and that depending on what software was installed, the 'App' button may or may not work on a 2016 car. Unfortunately the 'App' button does not work on my 2016.

To confirm my research, (and to my frustration) a friend of mine who has a late 2016, Mk7 Golf R with an MIB2 Discover Pro system and 8inch matt screen liked the look of the 8inch glass screen that i had just fitted into my car so much, he immediately purchased an 8inch glass screen for himself and in his car the 'App' button works perfectly and as intended.

I have messaged to a couple of VAG software / coding places that have stated that the newer software can be uploaded to my car which would enable the 'App' button to function correctly. However when I later went back to them asking if this could be done via an SD card and the risks of bricking by unit I received no reply.]

My SW Details
SW Train: MH12_ER_VWG11_S2158
Installed SW MU Version: 1156
Part Number: 3G0035020K

My Buddies Details
SW Train: MH12_ER_VWG11_P3301
Installed SW MU Version: 0814
Part Number: 3G0035020E

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Update to 3301, next to 3342 if you want the latest.
You can go directly to 3342. 3301 is a necessary step in between.

Facelift displays with new features (buttons) require facelift firmware that will work with it.

Bricking the unit is always a risk. Make sure that the SD card is OK, not microSD + adapter.

Gareth Golf R

Car(s)
Golf R
Hi – I am a complete novice, so please forgive the lack of understanding or knowledge. I have the same issue as above - Upgraded to mk7.5 screen and the APP button doesn’t work. I am unsure where to look or who to ask to get this updated – Does anyone sell an SD card with the firmware or can anyone point me in the right direction. very much appreciated

Last edited:

Gareth Golf R

Car(s)
Golf R
This is what it is at the moment

Attachments

• IMG_5231.jpeg
    IMG_5231.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5232.jpeg
    IMG_5232.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 46