GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyway to get the latest software in a MK7.5?

tally2425

Car(s)
Golf R
had a courtesy car this week and the software allowed me to use carplay without a wire and i was amazed, anyway to get that software on an '18 plate golf R?

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
had a courtesy car this week and the software allowed me to use carplay without a wire and i was amazed, anyway to get that software on an '18 plate golf R?
There’s a hardware limitation with that. As far as I know no one has successfully retrofitted it. The adapters are the popular choice. I believe someone here made an extensive spreadsheet comparing the different adapters available.

tally2425

Car(s)
Golf R
There’s a hardware limitation with that. As far as I know no one has successfully retrofitted it. The adapters are the popular choice. I believe someone here made an extensive spreadsheet comparing the different adapters available.
oh it's fine then, just thought if it was software it would be ace but not messing around with the hardware side of things!

Jrb5

Passed Driver's Ed
For Android, you can buy a USB dongle that plugs into the car and allows for wireless android auto.

I know the same thing exists for carplay, but I am not familiar with the options and quality.

Out of curiosity, does someone have a link to that sheet?

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R