GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone who rebuilds IS20s and makes them stronger?

draza74

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
17 GTI
So at what point does a 1.8t with an IS38 need additional fueling? I am currently running stock fueling on mine. I though I read APR saying there was still room with their IS38 tune on the 1.8.
Not sure myself, I could be wrong but maybe GTI and 1.8 share the same fuel pumps?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD

draza74

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
17 GTI
Screenshot_20201001-191130_YouTube.jpg

lmao

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
He showed a live dyno done at 5150 making 379whp..
My tuner told me he's full of shit and that he's a dumbass but to be fair they were real dyno results. Could be lying and be on is38 with E blend but idk..
5150's new dyno (dynojet that's not his) reads high, almost as high as EQT's, so it's definitely possible it read 379hp on e85 on that dyno.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
tell me about it. I went from a tune on a low reading dyno, to a faster tune on an even lower reading dyno, and "lost" power according to the dyno. haha. End of the day, all that matters is time slips or race winners. Number are just numbers

Same thing happened to me. I was originally tuned by a local dyno tuner and then got a remote dyno tune from EQT on a different dyno and picked up a bunch more power with lower numbers also.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
So at what point does a 1.8t with an IS38 need additional fueling? I am currently running stock fueling on mine. I though I read APR saying there was still room with their IS38 tune on the 1.8.

You'll only need an upgrade if you plan on ethanol.

Up to e40, just gti hpfp and for good measure, you can upgrade with Autotech internals

E85, you'll also need an upgraded lpfp. Not sure which one as I wasn't planning on going that route.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Even if upgraded pump or pumps is enough fueling for E85 on stock turbos, MPI has been proven to make a bit more power even on stock turbos.

Also Dynojet plots should really be SAE corrected but most of them nowadays are posted STD corrected that throws things of a little, you have to add about 3% to SAE numbers to get STD(not always accurate).

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Did I read he recommended 1300cc injectors to max out an is20. Guess I'm doing it wrong with my hybrid.

WagenWizard

Ready to race!
You'll only need an upgrade if you plan on ethanol.

Up to e40, just gti hpfp and for good measure, you can upgrade with Autotech internals

E85, you'll also need an upgraded lpfp. Not sure which one as I wasn't planning on going that route.
Thanks, that makes me feel better. I told my tuner I would be happy with a less aggressive tune, I'm not out to smoke lambos on the street or anything. My big concern is with the stock internals on the 1.8t, I don't think I have seen a definitive answer yet on what the limits are thought to be. I love the fact that this car is stock quiet and runs smooth and easy when just out putting around town but turns into a bit of a beast when you mash the throttle. Just don't want to blow it up. :oops:

draza74

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
17 GTI
Did I read he recommended 1300cc injectors to max out an is20. Guess I'm doing it wrong with my hybrid.
That's what I don't understand, how is a hpfp, lpfp and mpi just enough fueling for an is20 AND a hybrid turbo?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Thanks, that makes me feel better. I told my tuner I would be happy with a less aggressive tune, I'm not out to smoke lambos on the street or anything. My big concern is with the stock internals on the 1.8t, I don't think I have seen a definitive answer yet on what the limits are thought to be. I love the fact that this car is stock quiet and runs smooth and easy when just out putting around town but turns into a bit of a beast when you mash the throttle. Just don't want to blow it up. :oops:

I'll let you know when mine goes kaboom or you'll know if you see me post
WTB : GTI block. 😂