GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone trade in there mk7 gti lately???

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Hey all

Just curious if anyone has traded in lately. Just curious on a ball park on what you got.

Been considering trading in on a 2016 tiguan but wasn't sure how bad they kill me on my 2016 DSG SE.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Options? Miles? Condition? KBB is a good starting point.

I sold my 2016 AB to a private buyer and got a good deal on it. I had a couple of dealer appraisals and it wasnt terrible.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Options? Miles? Condition? KBB is a good starting point.

I sold my 2016 AB to a private buyer and got a good deal on it. I had a couple of dealer appraisals and it wasnt terrible.
Just hit 16800 and it's an se non PP with dsg. I'd says its in great shape a few rock chips but otherwise great.

I checked kbb and it was saying around 18333 and selling private it was 21 to 23 with the average sale being 21500.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
I’d guess $14k-$15k trade, $18k-$19k retail.

KBB is notoriously high, Black Book is where real values are since they monitor auction comps.

cruzmisl

Ready to race!
I just wanted to pop in and say don't trade the car for a 2016 Tiguan. That is basically a 10 year old car at this point.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Just hit 16800 and it's an se non PP with dsg. I'd says its in great shape a few rock chips but otherwise great.

I checked kbb and it was saying around 18333 and selling private it was 21 to 23 with the average sale being 21500.

One of the dealer offered close to $20k for my AB with PP, LP and it had 26k miles on the clock. It was between low and mid KBB's trade-in range. I didn stop by several dealers as i was leaning towards private sale.

I sold mine early this year when the 2018s hit the lot and dealers were not offering great discounts on the new ones. 2016's might have taken a hit especially with 2018 People's warranty.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
I’d guess $14k-$15k trade, $18k-$19k retail.

KBB is notoriously high, Black Book is where real values are since they monitor auction comps.
I traded in a 2013 base GTI for 16500 two years ago on the mk7. But I do always anticipate a low ball number on trade. Was just curious.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
I almost fell over traded my 17 GTI PP DSG with 31K on it. Gave me 20K
Nice that's a pretty solid trade in.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
2016 AB DSG with 30k and a cracked windshield. Got 18k in trade and dealer put it up for 21k. Sold it within a week.
Nice thanks for the info.