GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running H & R or VWR Springs w performance shocks?!

adefendo1

Ready to race!
Looking to get some input from anyone running this set up. I've seen posts from folks running the springs w factory dampers but not much ( if any) w performance shock like bilstein b8s or Koni Yellows. Thanks for any input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
My ears are burning. [emoji6] I had the B8's with neuspeed sports before I moved to coils. I was expecting them to be really stiff but they were surprisingly supportive and offered an excellent ride quality on the MK7 GTI. Way better than stock no doubt, while being lower and with higher spring rates. Readthebook was also impressed and bought them off me to go with his VWRs.

I've had yellows in the past but not for the MK7. It sucks you have to take the rears off the car to adjust them.

Anyway, I'd go for the B8's but see what readthebook has to say with the VWRs.

die_sel91

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
mk7r
I'm running H&R Sport springs with Koni yellow adjustable shocks.. Rides great and handles amazing! Also have a H&r rsb, which I highly recommend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

adefendo1

Ready to race!
Exactly the responses I was looking for, Thanks! I like the drop that the H&R and VWR spring bring to the GTI. I'm kind of a set it and forget it dude and coilovers for me just seem like more of a hassle to deal w!