GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running Fortune Auto 510 Coilovers?

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
Thanks again everyone for the input. Talked to Broadway Static and they gave me their recommendations for a daily that occasionally sees performance use. 10k/9k Spring rates for a more comfortable daily/mild drop, 12k/10k for a more aggressive setup. They also do specific valving for Rs.

Also said that the Broadway 500s are probably more than enough for me lol, but BWS V2s or FA 510s are still a good option if $$$ ain't a issue or the car is used for competition.

Definitely going this route due their customer service and adjustments made specifically for Rs, probably get the milder 10k/9k setup.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Thanks again everyone for the input. Talked to Broadway Static and they gave me their recommendations for a daily that occasionally sees performance use. 10k/9k Spring rates for a more comfortable daily/mild drop, 12k/10k for a more aggressive setup. They also do specific valving for Rs.

Also said that the Broadway 500s are probably more than enough for me lol, but BWS V2s or FA 510s are still a good option if $$$ ain't a issue or the car is used for competition.

Definitely going this route due their customer service and adjustments made specifically for Rs, probably get the milder 10k/9k setup.
You can always tighten up the dampers to firm it up a little.

mike G

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7/E28/JLU
I run the 10/ 9k setup and they are great. I do NOT track my GTI but I guess I get on it every now and then in the twisty's here in Germany. They are awesome! Glad you h ad good experience w/ their customer service. They are a great company.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Are you gonna do higher spring rate in the rear to compensate for the inboard spring?

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
Are you gonna do higher spring rate in the rear to compensate for the inboard spring?

9k is a bit stiffer than their standard street kit. Gonna opt for Swift springs and they adjust the valving for Rs compared to GTI/GLI/Jetta

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
I meant stiffer in the rear in relation to the front, to help combat understeer

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
I meant stiffer in the rear in relation to the front, to help combat understeer
hmmm.... that is a good point. I wonder how a 10k/12k (F/R) setup would behave? How are your BCs set up?

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
I think that would be a good spring rate to choose. Itll be a little stiff but the rear spring design needs to be in that kind of ratio. My BCs arent the best example cause mine are even 7k all around because I got them back when I wasnt as enthusiastic about taking it to the track. If I could do it all over again I would get the fa510s at 9k front 11k rear

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Anyone end up pulling the trigger on FA510?

Looking for long term reviews
Been wondering this too. Last time I brought up fa510s in another thread I was trying to see if they were almost as good as ohlins, someone said they would never compare the 2. I know ohlins are good but I dont get how they're so much better than the fortune auto options

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
So bumping this back up because I just found out that their HQ is literally 20 minutes from me....and a buddy of mine has a best friend that builds for them! Crazy! I emailed them to see if I could come get a tour....if I do, I'll snap pics and post 'em up. Knowing their local adds a huge reason to run these, but the price is super steep.....