GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running Fortune Auto 510 Coilovers?

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
Just curious about anyone's experience with them. I previously had an Evo X and the Fortune's were heavily regarded as an excellent street and/or track coils in that community. I see they have a kit available for GTIs but not Rs.... but that simply would take the correct spring rate in the rear to work right.

Please include setup details, other applicable mods (suspension) and use type (daily, track, drag, etc) in your feedback if possible.

Thanks,

J

*** Kit I'm referring to:
https://shop-fortune-auto.com/products/volkswagen-golf-gti-mk7-2015-510-series-coilovers

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
Had the broadway statics on my E46 M3. The ride was sublime. Low af too.
Had Broadway's on both my e90's, my mk6 and now my mk7. Would not run anything else! Get some upgrades swift springs when you purchase!

Appreciate the feedback y'all. I agree Broadways would likely be the best route if I go with Fortune Auto. They are better valved for the street than the 510 (did some more research lol). I'll definitely inquire about custom spring rates and opt for the swift upgrade.

How's the ride height adjustment? I'm not looking to go too much lower than stock, just get rid of a bit of wheel-gap. I know you can get the Broadways in low and slammed options but what if someone wants to keep it higher. (I'll shoot them an email)

Want to run 245/45/17 hoosier dr2s (drag) and probably go with 245/40/17 PS4S daily, both on 17x8. Should fit fine even lowered.

mike G

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7/E28/JLU
Youll be fine. They are definitely lower than stock (even at full height). But they leave nothing to be desired on the adjustability side. I will run them on every car I own.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Interesting....last time I looked I didn't see that they had them for the MK7....I'll have to relook. I have buddies that have them and love them.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
Went there right after I posted and found those....I really like, but man.....steep price. I LOVE his coilover/air platform too
Yeah when they released the air piston system years ago, I thought it was awesome. Not my thing, but definitely great for show and performance car.

The Broadways are definitely a good value for the price point. $1400-1800 w/camber plates and swift springs. I'm going to email both Fortune and Broadways sales department to see their recommendations on setups/spring rates.

Not many companies offer custom spring rates unfortunately.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Yeah when they released the air piston system years ago, I thought it was awesome. Not my thing, but definitely great for show and performance car.

The Broadways are definitely a good value for the price point. $1400-1800 w/camber plates and swift springs. I'm going to email both Fortune and Broadways sales department to see their recommendations on setups/spring rates.

Not many companies offer custom spring rates unfortunately.

Had air ride a few years ago and loved it, but always had the fear of dumping one corner, which that system would negate. They're cool, but not going that route in this car...coilovers only.

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
Had air ride a few years ago and loved it, but always had the fear of dumping one corner, which that system would negate. They're cool, but not going that route in this car...coilovers only.
it's not air-ride, just lifts and lowers the suspension a few inches for those on low or super-low static setups for clearance of ground level obstacles. I agree kind of a hybrid setup. I'm also a coilover only person lol. Bags have come a long way, but not my thing.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
it's an air lift, just for steep driveways and curbs and such. you wouldn't drive with them up.
it's not air-ride, just lifts and lowers the suspension a few inches for those on low or super-low static setups for clearance of ground level obstacles. I agree kind of a hybrid setup. I'm also a coilover only person lol. Bags have come a long way, but not my thing.
Oh yeah, totally get that, but still has all the same components....don’t want that headache anymore lol. It’s a nice thing to have in that game though

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI S
Oh yeah, totally get that, but still has all the same components....don’t want that headache anymore lol. It’s a nice thing to have in that game though

Yeah that's my aversion to it. Coils and then still add the weight and complexity of air ride. No thanks lol.