GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running Emmanuelle Design springs ?

1Krautburner

Ready to race!
I'm looking for feedback(and pics)from anyone running Emmanuele Design springs. I didn't find much info by searching the forums.
I'm looking for a mild drop with decent ride quality and improved handling. Seems like these may be my best option.

ExcelerateRep1

Go Kart Champion
I'm looking for feedback(and pics)from anyone running Emmanuele Design springs. I didn't find much info by searching the forums.
I'm looking for a mild drop with decent ride quality and improved handling. Seems like these may be my best option.

We are going to be installing a set next Friday and are very curious to see how they work on these cars. We have heard very good things about them and they seem like a good affordable option for those not looking to break the bank on parts cost.

These are available through Excelerate Performance as well as the ultimate in Mag-Ride suspension upgrades from MSS. :cool:

1Krautburner

Ready to race!
We are going to be installing a set next Friday and are very curious to see how they work on these cars. We have heard very good things about them and they seem like a good affordable option for those not looking to break the bank on parts cost.

These are available through Excelerate Performance as well as the ultimate in Mag-Ride suspension upgrades from MSS. :cool:

I'd love to hear how they work as well.

I was curious about the MSS springs as well, but the price point on those seemed like a stretch for just a spring kit.

yukoncornelius

Ready to race!
Curious - in the pictures the drop looks lower than VWR, is that an optical illusion? If the drop is the same, I'm going to buy the ED springs.

Zer0DazE

Ready to race!
Last edited:

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
I remember there being issues and quality control problems in the Mk7 group on Facebook including: broken springs, springs rubbing wheels, excessive rubbing between the coils causing premature wear and no customer service communication with issues.

I remember seeing the S3 guys having issues early on but Thomas was quick to respond and ED came out with their next version with the rubber isolators which addressed the issues. I have no affiliation to ED btw, but have had superior customer service from them. I mean absolutely stellar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yukoncornelius

Ready to race!
I really wish more people who had them would post close ups of the tire/fender gap. They seem like a pretty aggressive drop for a year round daily driver....

I like the look though, just don't want any rAgrets come winter time.

1Krautburner

Ready to race!
I really wish more people who had them would post close ups of the tire/fender gap. They seem like a pretty aggressive drop for a year round daily driver....

I like the look though, just don't want any rAgrets come winter time.

I'm hoping there are not too low as well. Although I do have a truck for Wintertime, My GTI is my DD most other days.
I just didn't see many other options that wouldn't overly compromise ride quality. Driver Gear springs were too little of what I wanted, and VWR seemed like too much. I'm hoping the ED springs will be the best compromise.

yukoncornelius

Ready to race!
Certain pictures the ED springs actually seem lower than VWR. Also checking pictures of some of the more recent drivergear setups - the drop is actually quite nice without being too low. I was shying away from DG because I thought it was way too mild, but it seems good, and I'd rather be mild than regret only have 1 finger gap on the VWR/ED setup.

I remember there being issues and quality control problems in the Mk7 group on Facebook including: broken springs, springs rubbing wheels, excessive rubbing between the coils causing premature wear and no customer service communication with issues.

I believe that you are mistaken here, as an issue such as a spring breaking or rubbing the wheel would be a serious problem. The only item that was addressed on the first production run was some customers noting a noise when going over a speed bump with the wheels on full lock, for which we issued an update and offered a free replacement to those who had already purchased.

In terms of height, pictures are always tough to compare as wheel offsets and shadowing play a large role in the perceived tire to fender gap. Here is a local car that is running the ECS flush kit, which should give a good impression of the height. This photo was taken a few weeks after install to allow the springs to settle.

IDriveaGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=289115&postcount=25

my experience.

cliff notes:
I like them a lot, and I could be happy with the service from FAS Tuning and Emmanuele Design.

Quick question for you since you've got longevity on the springs. Do you see the "reverse rake" often when you see your car with these springs? I know the car has a "lower rear arch then the front so im contemplating purchasing the Audi TT pads for the rear to give it a little boost and keep the rake at least appearing even.

(I purchased a set of these springs but have t installed them yet)