GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running Emmanuelle Design springs ?

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
I have 5% rear, 15% sides, and 40% on the windshield. Editing makes it look darker than it really is.

How many miles do you have? Did you swap anything else when installing these springs?

Predatorbird

Ready to race!
How many miles do you have? Did you swap anything else when installing these springs?
The car is currently at 4500 miles. I had new OEM strut bearings installed. My installer said the ones on the car looked good, but I wanted to play it safe. Here is everything I had installed.

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
The car is currently at 4500 miles. I had new OEM strut bearings installed. My installer said the ones on the car looked good, but I wanted to play it safe. Here is everything I had installed.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have 8. I was thinking of getting new bearings too just to be safe. If I hear any new noises after install I am going to be very pissed. I've had these springs collecting dust for months because I am not used to going with a brand that doesn't solely specialize in suspension.

parallax

Ready to race!
I got the springs installed two days ago. I couldn't be happier with the drop! I imagine it should settle a little more over the next couple of weeks.

Looks great, I have the same springs on my sport. I also love the OEM Nogaro wheels. I can't find anything aftermarket that would justify swapping them out outside of weight savings.

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
Looks great, I have the same springs on my sport. I also love the OEM Nogaro wheels. I can't find anything aftermarket that would justify swapping them out outside of weight savings.

They really are fantastic.

Mathuemc

Passed Driver's Ed
Interesting. From everyone's measurement of finger widths and pictures, the drop looks to be more than 1.2in. I measured my stock GTI Sport 6MT last night, and that was 4 fingers worth of gap, which is about 3 inches. The photos I have seen of these springs show a 1 finger width gap. That would be a 2 inch drop, unless I'm not getting something.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Interesting. From everyone's measurement of finger widths and pictures, the drop looks to be more than 1.2in. I measured my stock GTI Sport 6MT last night, and that was 4 fingers worth of gap, which is about 3 inches. The photos I have seen of these springs show a 1 finger width gap. That would be a 2 inch drop, unless I'm not getting something.

Skinny vs fat fingers? Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Uh normal? Haha. Finger width seems to be the official measurement for wheel gap

Except for all fingers aren't the same size, sooooo...

The FTG (fender to ground) measurement is actually what's used most often, but with lowering springs only you don't see that measurement taken much. It's more of a "do you rub?" Sort of qualification.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie

The FTG (fender to ground) measurement is actually what's used most often, but with lowering springs only you don't see that measurement taken much. It's more of a "do you rub?" Sort of qualification.

If you ain't rubbin you ain't dubbin!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mathuemc

Passed Driver's Ed

Ahhh ok ok. I live in SF where the roads are absolute shit, and filled with debris, so ground and tire clearance is of some concern.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Ahhh ok ok. I live in SF where the roads are absolute shit, and filled with debris, so ground and tire clearance is of some concern.

Well I can say that I've never had any tire to fender clearance, either with my ECS flush kit or my current 18x9 ET45 and 235/40-18 combo with this setup.

Ground clearance...well you're lowering a sporty hatchback. I avoid any rises or ruts in the road like the plague because I did smack my subframe once on a 2-3" chunk of built up pavement because there was a bit of a dip right before it. I would have cleared it fine just rolling over it, but the suspension compressed. That's why they sell steel oil pans and skid plates. That's just an issue with lowering cars, not specific to these springs.

EDIT: To give a bit more information on FTG measurements, my car is:

FR: 25"
FL: 25"
RR: 25.2"
RL: 25"

For a suspension that has 20k miles on it and isn't adjustable that is amazingly even. Never checked it myself before but I'm pleased.

Last edited: