GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running a JB4 AND a IE Stage 2 tune?

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
The record for fastest manual is (or was, haven’t checked lately) a unitronic stage 2 car with a jb4 stack.

Edit: just checked, still the record holder.

victorchen008

Can you provide sources for those claims?
If you are talking about the the obd port delay, you can just do a quick google search and you can see. In term of changing the knock sensor sensitivity, I have Unitronic tune installed in my car and I am a very good friend with a tuner, we compared the data with about stock car on a dyno run, he used a logger to log everything and we can tell the knock sensor has been modified. I am not a tuner, so I cannot tell you how much they modified. But to be honest, anything you want to achieved with this setup, you can just get a good costumer tune which can achieve the same goal but safer.

Mk7guitar

Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Is it the CTS replacement IS38 or a hybrid? I don't think I've heard of CTS making an upgraded IS38, just a direct replacement. If you get a hybrid IS38, or something like the garrett stage 1 turbo, or anything else that's a bit larger, the JB4 would help if you're sticking with an OTS tune.
CTS upgrades the shafts and bearings in their IS38s. I still have the stock IS38 from the factory on my Golf R though. I ended up going a different direction entirely. I installed my front mount intercooler, charge pipes, kept the stock DV, bought and installed the Autotech upgraded hpfp internals and put IE's trueflex kit on. Running full e85 on their Stage 2 trueflex high torque file and it's wild. Broke all four tires loose while it was sprinkling out.