GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running 245/35/19 on STOCK SUSPENSION?

reallypeacedoff

Ready to race!
You also need to remember/know that PSS tires run a size large. So 235s on those are actually 245 equivalent of most other brands. That HRE Flow Form pictures above are running 245 PSS (255 equiv) with no issues but the offset on those are only 47 and width is 8.5. If you start running 9 width and offsets lower than 45, you may get some problems on the inner side.

Beaker1

Go Kart Champion
The black gti looks sharp. What tires is that one running. I agree with reallypeacedoff, not all tires specs appear to be the same my conti profile is much different than the PSS profile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VirtuousWolf

Ready to race!
Cool I figured, haven't found any rims that I really like yet :(

You would really want an 8.5-9in wheel to run 245's. Running too wide of a tire on a narrow wheel will actually hurt performance, as shown by various race teams' track times experimenting with tire size.

If you don't care about track times and steering that feels a little bit less sharp, you will have a more compliant ride with 245s vs 235s due to the taller sidewall.

Zen1

Passed Driver's Ed
VMR, TSW, Neuspeed, and Forgestar have light wheels in the correct widths and offsets that won't break the bank. Check em out!

mk7-Golf-R

Passed Driver's Ed
I know it's not likely, does anyone know if a 255/35r19 tire with a 19x9 et50 wheel would work?

I found a crazy good deal on some almost new enkei's with Pirelli summer tires. That's why they are for sale, rubbing issues on a passat.

BodegaBay

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I know it's not likely, does anyone know if a 255/35r19 tire with a 19x9 et50 wheel would work?

I found a crazy good deal on some almost new enkei's with Pirelli summer tires. That's why they are for sale, rubbing issues on a passat.

That's a lot to ask with those specs. Even on stock suspension, I would venture no because the 19x9 ET50 wheels will be more inwards towards the suspension by ~13mm (along with 13mm outwards) if comparing stock spec of 19x8 ET50 (w/235/35/19 tires). 13mm outwards is fine as it will be almost flushed with fender but 13mm inwards closer to the struts will cause some sort of rubbing IMO.

Take a look at the calculations here:

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.ph...lwidth2=9&offset2=50&Submit=Calculate#content

Zen1

Passed Driver's Ed
BTW, on the blue R, specs are: FlowForm FF01 Wheels - Liquid Silver
19x8.5 ET47 - 245/35/19 Michelin Pilot Super Sports

Last edited:

BodegaBay

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
19x8.5 et45 square. Neuspeed RSE102
@Pound, no rubbing whatsoever on stock suspension? The 245/35 19s sure do make it more square on an 8.5 width wheel and fills the gap just a bit more nicely. I'll be very curious to see if you rub once those VMR springs come on.

Also curious if you have DCC?