GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running 245/35/19 on STOCK SUSPENSION?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Would this tire size be ok for stock Cadiz wheels or are the tires too wide causing too much flex? Thanks

Those are 8in wide, right? If so, 245 is fine, as long as it isn't a tire that runs wide, like RT660 or something with a really soft sidewall.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
R.jpg

19x8.5 +45 - Neuspeed Sport Spring Kit 1" Drop - 235/35/19 No rubbing at all

steinfeld

Passed Driver's Ed
What size are your wheels?

Stock 18" Wheel - Stock Suspension - 245/40/18 = Fits w/o rubbing

Stock 19" Wheel - Stock Suspension - 245/35/19 = Fits w/o rubbing

18x8.5 +45 Wheel - Stock or Lowering Springs - 235/40/18 = Fits w/o rubbing

19x8.5 +45 Wheel - Stock or Lowering Springs - 235/35/19 = Fits w/o rubbing

If you are lowered, anything wider than a 8.5 wheel or 235 tire and you are risking rubbing. Not only are no two cars the same, but neither are any two specific suspension setups. I've seen two cars with the exact same setup, one rubs and the other doesn't. You just have to test fit and drive the car. Also, different tire brands will have slight variances in size. Tire rack will say that the a Michelin & Continental Tire are the exact same measurements based on the size of the tire. Every single 235/35/19 tire will read the exact same measurements on their website, so you can't go off of that information.

I'm running - 19x8.5 +45 Wheel - Lowering Springs 1" drop - 235/35/19 and I have no rubbing at all. Have never rubbed even once.

I was also running a 245/35/19 on my stock wheels & suspension and didn't rub at all.

Enkei RR05-RR wheels18x8.5 +45 with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

Car(s)
MK VII 7R
Just bumping this thread up looking for advice.
Currently on ED lowering springs 1" drop with 235/35/19x8.5 ET 43 (no rubbing)

looking for a new set of tires, and thinking of going for 245/35, will this setup rub?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

looking for a new set of tires, and thinking of going for 245/35, will this setup rub?

It shouldn't.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion

I can almost guarantee you will rub with a 245. Pretty surprising you aren't rubbing the fronts over larger bumps with your current setup. Fender screw mod should help, but a 1" drop with a 245 is rub city.

Car(s)
MK VII 7R
I can almost guarantee you will rub with a 245. Pretty surprising you aren't rubbing the fronts over larger bumps with your current setup. Fender screw mod should help, but a 1" drop with a 245 is rub city.

Never rubbed with 233/35, and no fender screw mod.
ED comes with the reverse rake pads which I didn't use, currently, the rear sits lower than the front

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
ED comes with the reverse rake pads which I didn't use, currently, the rear sits lower than the front

The reverse rake actually increases ride height in the front. I'd guess a good 1/4 inch from the experimenting I've been doing with rear ride height.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion

I'm thinking you meant 235/35.

No two scenarios are the same. You can't compare any two setups like for like. I explained this a page back (9).

Generally speaking, a 235 on lowering springs won't rub but MAY require the fender screw mod. A 245 will almost guarantee rubbing, but depends on the drop and tire.

Car(s)
MK VII 7R
I'm thinking you meant 235/35.

No two scenarios are the same. You can't compare any two setups like for like. I explained this a page back (9).

Generally speaking, a 235 on lowering springs won't rub but MAY require the fender screw mod. A 245 will almost guarantee rubbing, but depends on the drop and tire.
yeah, 235. Nitto NT555 G2 (Crap tire btw)
guess I'm stuck with the 235's then

steinfeld

Passed Driver's Ed
Stock 19" Wheel - Stock Suspension - 245/35/19 = Fits w/o rubbing

Would a flush kit 10mm spacers in the front and 15mm in the back cause any rubbing or fitment issues with prets on 245/35 Michelin PS4S?

Nimche

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI SE DSG
I am currently running on OZ Ultraleggera 19x8 ET45 with PSS 235/35 and also dropped halfway on Bilstein B14.
reading through all these pages, I guess it's best to stay with 235?
I have 5mm front and 10mm spacer and rub on freeway hard dips.