GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone raced a tuned v8 n/a c63 ?

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Stock (assuming) C63 w205 - pulled on it pretty good.

Tuned C63 w204 - was close for a bit but he started walking above 110 mph, as mentioned above.

If you’re over 400whp it should be fun.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
For a 4banger it's impressive. I love mine. Almost 40mpg highway. My c63 is bad in terms of mpg.
Agreed, VW definitely makes one of the best 4 cylinders. I’m also around 35 mpg highway.

Sometimes I forget the class of car this is. It’s supposed to be an all around useful and quick car, but I get caught up with the racer boy stuff and lose the intention.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
You Rockin' an R? If not as this is posted M7 vs.... then traction certainly may be an issue....yet on the free way rolling should be able to keep up at a certain point ☝️
GTI

Mr.BearCop

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 SE GTI
Agreed, VW definitely makes one of the best 4 cylinders. I’m also around 35 mpg highway.

Sometimes I forget the class of car this is. It’s supposed to be an all around useful and quick car, but I get caught up with the racer boy stuff and lose the intention.
Yep, I know the feeling...I mean with some new shoes, tint and APR Stage 1 High Torque tune at just 3100 lbs with a Performance Sports LSD & Big Brakes likened to the R how can you not get caught up ?
PXL_20230127_005633265~2.jpg

PXL_20230127_001154379.jpg

PXL_20230127_000846707.jpg

IMG-456a96acdb4e32972a1e6ecd41b3d8d3-V.jpg

IMG-b61ee2dafd78fc0a47bbc03d22bc93c1-V.jpg

Last edited:

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7

Mr.BearCop

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 SE GTI
Very nice 👍

I was stage 2 for 3 months before upgrading the turbo. The hype is real for those looking for it!
Thank You. Yes hype is certainly real and the guys at Volks know where the happy is for in town RPM fun, 1-3000.

GTI right ? Are you spinning tires? What size and brand turbo ?

Last edited:

Mr.BearCop

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 SE GTI
Very nice 👍

I was stage 2 for 3 months before upgrading the turbo. The hype is real for those looking for it!
Are you still stage 2 with a bigger turbo and downpipe still ? Or did you go stage 3 and bigger turbo. I am not a fan of down pipes. I would be interested in a bigger turbo and bypass the down 👇 pipe sitch.

Last edited:

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Are you still stage 2 with a bigger turbo and downpipe still ? Or did you go stage 3 and bigger turbo. I am not a fan of down pipes. I would be interested in a bigger turbo and bypass the down 👇 pipe sitch.
I should have everything in my sig, but yea gt2260s from garret with an aftermarket downpipe.

Mr.BearCop

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 SE GTI
I should have everything in my sig, but yea gt2260s from garret with an aftermarket downpipe.
Cool and very nice , what is the ballpark cost to upgrade here 5k?
Screenshot_20230128-092940.png

Last edited:

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
If you’re starting from stock, probably around 5k. I don’t want to think about how much I’ve spent so far 😂

Mr.BearCop

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 SE GTI
Drat..."stock" I stay :( APR Stage 1 and probably a Remus cat back is as far as I go. ... @nomunic You Sir are a man among men.

Last edited:

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
It’s been like a week. Is this shit happening or not?

I don’t think so. It may have been my fault since I went to ask a forum instead of just trying it. 😂

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Ran another W204 C63 the other night, not a 507 but I’m assuming he was tuned so should be a similar outcome. He got me, but I held my own pretty well all things considered - golf clubs in the back and all.