GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

anyone race this?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
It's not a rumor anymore. We are getting the RS6 Avant but only a limited number of them and the waiting list to pre-order one is already full.
I meant the RS4. Rumor has been that if the RS6 sells to their expected level, we'll get the RS4 Avant, which is wildly more appealing to me than the RS6.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Gotcha. One of my favorite cars is the B5 RS4 Avant but I do also like the B7 RS4, even though it's a sedan.
Funny, I have a friend who still has his B5 manual S4 Avant. Great car. When I had my M Coupe we used to mess with each other near sea level and he didn't stand a chance, but my folks have a place in Santa Fe and we both ended up out there. In town things were about even and headed up the ski road, he had a district advantage over me. One of the reasons I only give my mom turbo charged options for her cars.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I had a base 2001 A4 Avant with a manual that I bought new. Loved the car, but surprise, surprise, it was unreliable and the clutch was made out of wet cardboard. Too bad, because it was a fantastic car otherwise and I'd love a hotrod wagon.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I had a base 2001 A4 Avant with a manual that I bought new. Loved the car, but surprise, surprise, it was unreliable and the clutch was made out of wet cardboard. Too bad, because it was a fantastic car otherwise and I'd love a hotrod wagon.
Weird, our 96 A4 manual had a decent clutch. Lots of other issues, but the clutch wasn't one of them. Similar to my current GTI, it seemed to know when it was raining and would lower a window for you, and not let you roll it back up.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Weird, our 96 A4 manual had a decent clutch. Lots of other issues, but the clutch wasn't one of them. Similar to my current GTI, it seemed to know when it was raining and would lower a window for you, and not let you roll it back up.

I've never DD anything but manuals, and owned a VR6 Corrado with a manual at the same time. We picked the Audi up in California and drove to Connecticut. Clutch was dead by the time we got their, all freeway. They replaced it, while blaming my driving. 2 months later, clutch dead again, they blamed my driving. They replaced it again. 3 months later, started slipping, traded it in. I was done. That didn't include the multiple electrical issues on a monthly basis. The Outback that replaced it never once broke or had unscheduled service. It took 16 years for me to buy another VAG product after that one.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I've never DD anything but manuals, and owned a VR6 Corrado with a manual at the same time. We picked the Audi up in California and drove to Connecticut. Clutch was dead by the time we got their, all freeway. They replaced it, while blaming my driving. 2 months later, clutch dead again, they blamed my driving. They replaced it again. 3 months later, started slipping, traded it in. I was done. That didn't include the multiple electrical issues on a monthly basis. The Outback that replaced it never once broke or had unscheduled service. It took 16 years for me to buy another VAG product after that one.
but was it your driving? or did you buy the wrong clutch (too weak)

Justgotohm

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE SP 6sp M
I have a buddy, he turned me on to my MK7, or a least the platform. His A3 is putting down 550hp, as far as money my speculation is over 30k, he did beat a Tesla, which was cool.
Looking at it just looks like another ho hum black A3 with a set of subtle wheels.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I have a buddy, he turned me on to my MK7, or a least the platform. His A3 is putting down 550hp, as far as money my speculation is over 30k, he did beat a Tesla, which was cool.
Looking at it just looks like another ho hum black A3 with a set of subtle wheels.
I've beat Teslas with a stock GTI, not from a start, of course. They're not fast over about 40 mph, and even the P100D and the Performance are only truly fast with a 45 minute battery pre heat. Just check YouTube videos of cars that run similar 1/4 times doing rolling races with a Tesla, they'll gap them immediately and just vanish over the horizon. The 100-150 time of even the fastest Tesla is more like 530i, not an M5.