GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone on Koni Sports in the Boston area?

Mindys

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI SE
Hi everyone,

I installed Koni Sports (Yellows) + VWR springs last week. Running the fronts and rears at 1/2 turn from full soft. I am experienced when in comes to working on cars, so I am confident that my install is correct. The issue I am having is that whenever I hit slightly bigger bumps on the road (not that big in my opinion), I get a pretty load thud inside the car and I am wondering if this is normal. I did cut the bump stops front and rear when installing to match the drop so I should not be hitting them.

My question is if anyone has a similar setup and would be willing to let me ride with them to compare the NVH level. Would really appreciate it.

bfury5

Autocross Champion
Front or rear? If it's front it's probably strut mounts not fully tightened, rear could also be shock mounts.

Mindys

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI SE
Both. I think it's just normal cause I was used to the stock suspension being much quieter. I know I tightened everything correctly. The compression dampening is stiffer than the stock dampers, so that is transferring the sound into the cabin and it sounds louder now.

I have probably been a bit spoiled by my lowered Mustang. It was lowered about 1" and I used Ford Racing Performance dampers. That was stiffer but the volume inside did not increase that much. Probably due to Ford designing them in such a way as to keep NVH at a minimum.

2LEEGIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI MK7
“Thud” or “clunk”? Did you change to aftermarket end links? The front oem endlinks are contacting the body over bumps on mine after lowered.

Mindys

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI SE
Thud. Stock endlinks. I think it's actually normal since the compression of the dampers should be stiffer, so bump sounds are louder inside the car.