GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone install a Dieselgeek Superpin?

Bigsmallguy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mk7
It really doesn’t look too hard technically, just a lot of unclipping/screwing , and attention to detail and time. But I’ve seen a few comments of ppl having problems shifting afterwards, which really scares me in trying it out. But everyone raves on it and it seems like an absolute great mod. I bought one since it’s cheap. Called a local performance shop, they quoted me $450 to install it!!

I had surgery on both wrists so my hands are a little shaky I’m nervous to do it on my own. I live in LA, if anyones willing to do it with experience maybe I could pay something to get it done? Lol.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
I have the other shifter mods (short shifter, shift bushings, shift knob) and will say it did not make a noticeable difference. Maybe a little more firm side to side, but not worth the install if you have everything else. If you do it you’ll need to yank the sh!t out of the e-brake, that mofo needs to be at like 75 degree angle to get the housing off. Not difficult, just tedious.

Bigsmallguy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mk7
I have the other shifter mods (short shifter, shift bushings, shift knob) and will say it did not make a noticeable difference. Maybe a little more firm side to side, but not worth the install if you have everything else. If you do it you’ll need to yank the sh!t out of the e-brake, that mofo needs to be at like 75 degree angle to get the housing off. Not difficult, just tedious.
Wait so you didn’t do the super pin? Seems like the super pin is the most significant mod for tightening up shift slop really. The plastic OEM pin makes for a lot of play

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
I did install it. Its not difficult. Took about 2.5 hours. I think the solid shifter bushings made a big difference.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Like others have said not hard, though I recommend you protect the ebrake with tape when removing, or you may scratch the shit out of it.

swifty1

Ready to race!
I did the super pin by myself. It took me about 3 hours in my garage doing it the first time. Later I did the whole process again to fix a rattle that I created (Forgot to clip something in, no big deal).and it took be about an hour. Its really not too bad but the hard part (especially the first time) is having the confidence to yank the shit out of the panels and trust that they will unclip properly.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
So long as you realign your cables afterwards you'll have no problems shifting.....removing the centre console was a pain..I've done it a couple of times now...just take your time & have a good set of plastic trim removal wedges etc..

Bigsmallguy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mk7
I did the super pin by myself. It took me about 3 hours in my garage doing it the first time. Later I did the whole process again to fix a rattle that I created (Forgot to clip something in, no big deal).and it took be about an hour. Its really not too bad but the hard part (especially the first time) is having the confidence to yank the shit out of the panels and trust that they will unclip properly.
Ya for panel removals it seems you have to give force and not be shy.

Okay so I just watched some videos, the main part I’m concerned about is reassembling all the wiring and panel connections , like it might be hard to exactly relocate every connection

Bigsmallguy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mk7
I did install it. Its not difficult. Took about 2.5 hours. I think the solid shifter bushings made a big difference.
Okay so I just watched some videos, the main part I’m concerned about is reassembling all the wiring and panel connections , like it might be hard to exactly relocate every connection

Bigsmallguy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mk7
So long as you realign your cables afterwards you'll have no problems shifting.....removing the centre console was a pain..I've done it a couple of times now...just take your time & have a good set of plastic trim removal wedges etc..
Okay so I’m a little confident now, it just really seems like attention to detail, and studying all videos like 5 times minimum to memorize it before . the main part I’m concerned about is reassembling all the wiring and panel connections , like it might be hard to exactly relocate every connection

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Take photos of you’re not comfortable using your memory alone. It’s a pretty strait forward process and the newer clips on my mk7.5 came apart with firm pulls. Get yourself some trim tools and watch some YouTube videos. The pin itself take a few minutes to install. I feel it made a huge difference when added to the sigma six shifter from DieselGeek.
Good luck, you can do it!

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Installing the super pin is easy. R&R the center console is the vast majority of where you’ll be spending your time. It’s not hard just tedious. The super pin is pretty inexpensive and worth the investment in time and money. Took the slop theout of the system. I see it as more of a finishing refinement for a complete system.