GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

anyone in germany?

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Nope, not at the moment but thought I would say hi! My wife was born in Wiesbaden and I have my mom's side of the family in the Nuremberg area. Need to make it back there soon. Are you Air Force?

Welcome to the forum!

DasAuto83

I'm here at Ramstein! Getting ready to head back to the States for a few months then up Hamburg.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Nope, not at the moment but thought I would say hi! My wife was born in Wiesbaden and I have my mom's side of the family in the Nuremberg area. Need to make it back there soon. Are you Air Force?

Welcome to the forum!
nope, former army. i lived close to nuremberg as a kid, in erlangen. been here for 18 years and my german still sucks lol

I'm here at Ramstein! Getting ready to head back to the States for a few months then up Hamburg.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
i see lots of golfs in ramstein but i dont know anyone

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
nope, former army. i lived close to nuremberg as a kid, in erlangen. been here for 18 years and my german still sucks lol

No kidding! I have cousins in Erlangen! In fact my mother grew up in the Kleinstadt of Moehrendorf. I've spent many summers there visiting my grandparents.

My father is retired Army Corps of Engineers and we lived near Frankfort for 6 years. Thank you for your service!

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Also, one of the best fests happens in Erlangen, the Bergkirchweih! Far more fun than the Oktoberfest.

Hackett896

Passed Driver's Ed

i see lots of golfs in ramstein but i dont know anyone

I too am from the Ramstein area. You are right when you mentioned there are a lot of Golf's in the area. They are everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, one of the best fests happens in Erlangen, the Bergkirchweih! Far more fun than the Oktoberfest.

i was in erlangen in april snapping some pics of the old base for some vets with my phantom. its changed a lot. they had a fest going on but i wasn't going to be there for too long and ended up in nurnberg hanging out with a friend.

here is a shot of the colleseum in nurnberg, and you can see soldiers field a bit in the distance. they have the volks fest in this area. behind the colleseum used to be Merryl Barracks, which the soldiers called "Gangster Hotel"

Attachments

• DJI_0045.jpg
    DJI_0045.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,701

1SLOW2.01

Ready to race!
I'm moving to Stuttgart in a couple of weeks and my GTI should be there to meet me.

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
Yup, near Düsseldorf. :)

I'm moving to Stuttgart in a couple of weeks and my GTI should be there to meet me.

lucky, seriously stutgart is one of the nicer places to be stationed (im assuming your military). its always been a hella nice city and theres so much to do in the area. when i was in the army i was fighting tooth and nail to get there, got baumholder instead, i must have really pissed someone off. was in mannheim too though and that place was also awesome

1SLOW2.01

Ready to race!
lucky, seriously stutgart is one of the nicer places to be stationed (im assuming your military). its always been a hella nice city and theres so much to do in the area. when i was in the army i was fighting tooth and nail to get there, got baumholder instead, i must have really pissed someone off. was in mannheim too though and that place was also awesome

Yeah, fortunately the Marines can only go to Stuttgart. Unfortunately there are not many of us out there so it is very hard to get. I just happened to get lucky.

TheMaOdy66

Drag Racing Champion
im thinking about going to dusseldorf to do some late night filming of the city
No bad idea, especially in the new harbour area