GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone here have MTM tune?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
What do you guys think about Stratified?

Stratified can be hit or miss it seems. If you read through this thread (long thread, I know), you'll see quite a few complaints of high knock. Had that issue myself. Tried their stage 1, too much knock for comfort. No issues with EQT. And that's a story I've heard quite a few times. And then others have no issues with their Stratified tunes.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
First of all $500 aint no big deal. Those $500 could be spent on something else like an IC. I personally don’t really care for a custom tune like most of you guys. Having to do datalogs and send shit back and forth. Fk that! I rather get an OTS tune.

Im looking at Unitronic stage 2, EQT’s base map, or MTM (go ahead and hate)

OR if someone here had more info on MTM that be cool too.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
First of all $500 aint no big deal. Those $500 could be spent on something else like an IC. I personally don’t really care for a custom tune like most of you guys. Having to do datalogs and send shit back and forth. Fk that! I rather get an OTS tune.

Im looking at Unitronic stage 2, EQT’s base map, or MTM (go ahead and hate)

OR if someone here had more info on MTM that be cool too.

Nothing wrong with an OTS tune especially when you're not looking for maximum power.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
You can get custom tunes for less than $500 but if your issue is putting in the work on your end then I guess that doesn't matter. Buying an AP is decent coin up front but like Diggs said, you'll get most of that back

If you're set on OTS then go EQT. Or go MTM if you really want, but the forum seems generally less familiar with MTM (myself included) so will naturally try to sway you towards the tried and true EQT maps.

And yes, they provide revisions every so often.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I can’t speak from experience but from what I understand good upper mounts keep the torque steer under control in these cars. GTIs have very predictable power delivery also, so maybe that helps to modulate it. Still have yet to seriously track mine, as I’m also in the market for a custom tune to make sure everything looks good before abusing in absurd heat soak Florida.
Considered swapping the ED but if Sneeky or EQT will tune on that platform I see no reason; it does have a ton of bang right out of the box.
Thnx for the advice.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Basically the moral of the story is if you’re gonna go OTS, AP or Custom go EQT

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Thanks guys. I’m going to read more on EQT since I barely know about them like that.

How do you guys feel about running the CTS High Flow Catted DP (200cell) when having pops/bangs. Since it’s highflow wouldnt it be straight? I dont have state emissions I just dont like the smell of fumes. I ride with the windows down alot. I already have a light smell with the 200 cel

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I was considering paying $350-500 for a custom tune yet still need the ~180ish for Maestro to do that. All I have is the powerflash tool and access to base maps. I’m now thinking the upfront for Cobb EQT base may be more future proof and probably the same price or less than all that. Guess it can’t hurt to have both.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
His name is Adam. I spoke to him and he told me about MTM but he has a DSG. I looked on Youtube and there’s nothing about MTM on the MK7. Except the video of Adams car doing drive-bys. I wanted to hear on the “manual” owners if they had this tune. Most of you guys running APs and APR exc. Nothing wrong with them. I was just wondering what MTM got into play.

From what Adam told me its been great for him being tuned over two years. No issues. Its a full flash tune through MTMs own computer not through access port. He told me he did an ECU and TCU tune. On MTMs website they got Stage1+ tune thats a modified exhaust tune that gets you those burbles. The burbles/crackles are kept conservative, modeled after the stock Clubsport tune which has burbles from factory. Ontop of them having excellent customer service. I was just curious to see anyone here running that.

That's me 😁

Let's get this thread back on track about MTM lol. Yes - I've been running their tune for about 40,000 miles now (my car just crossed 100k last week!). Absolutely zero hiccups to speak of, and the car is a blast to drive. My car in particular is running their stage 1 tune + "motorsound rallye" option (burbles). You're correct that they modeled this tune after the Clubsport burbles - so they're just enough to be fun without being obnoxious or making the car sound broken. The videos you see on their site are of my car - to be clear, my car is on stock turbo, downpipe and resonator, with a Clubsport S muffler. The actual burble effect may vary depending on ECU variation/build date though (no rhyme or reason from what we can tell, but there are slight variations between model years).

MTM is unfortunately not as well known in the US (yet), but they are absolutely a big player in Europe. Probably best known for their work on various Audis. I've been lucky enough to drive both their flagship S8+ Talladega R (800+ hp) and their supercharged R8 V10 (802hp). Absolute monsters. And they are now running full steam ahead with the C8 RS6 platform. They've already tuned a few down here, including SavageGarage's Nogaro Tribute car - now stage 2 with nearly 800hp. I believe they plan to build this to their full "stage 4" setup with over 1000hp :oops:

All that said though, definitely check them out - they have vendors/dealers throughout the country. Can't say enough good things about their products and their service. Their shop is awesome too if you're down here in South FL.