GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone have experience with updated Ohlins road and track kit?

clarxion

Car(s)
Golf GTI MK7
Noise is almost always loose bolts. Check everything.
Thanks for reply, I checked everything, dismantled and installed again with additional energy suspension grease. Noise gone. But it seems after 1 week, clunk noise on low speed appears again.. Bearing also seems still OK condition. In my country this bearing cost around 120USD each haha.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Thanks for reply, I checked everything, dismantled and installed again with additional energy suspension grease. Noise gone. But it seems after 1 week, clunk noise on low speed appears again.. Bearing also seems still OK condition. In my country this bearing cost around 120USD each haha.
The next thing to do is to narrow in on the offensive joint and replace. Otherwise you’ll have to deal with the noise.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Just wondering, are most people here not using the factory upper dust boot on the rears? It certainly fits fine with some trimming for the dcc deletes.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Just wondering, are most people here not using the factory upper dust boot on the rears? It certainly fits fine with some trimming for the dcc deletes.
I didn’t with the Ohlins because the rear shocks are inverted and come with their own covers.

Now that I have the Koni FSDs on, which I love for a daily shock, I use the OEM dust boots.

IGM2019

Passed Driver's Ed
Looking into getting these Ohlins in the near future. Should I stick with stock oem mounts? From my research the 034 camber mount might have clunk noise? My car is a DD so I don't need more camber with the sacrifice of nvh.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Looking into getting these Ohlins in the near future. Should I stick with stock oem mounts? From my research the 034 camber mount might have clunk noise? My car is a DD so I don't need more camber with the sacrifice of nvh.
The kit comes with the hardware to mount to the oem mount. You can do either.

My Ohlins are for sale.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
034 mounts tend to clunk. I would go OE and torque to spec (follow the ohlins instructions).

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
The kit comes with the hardware to mount to the oem mount. You can do either.

My Ohlins are for sale.
I checked the classifieds. I wasn't able to find your posting. I'm looking at picking up a set of Ohlins myself.

clarxion

Car(s)
Golf GTI MK7
Does anyone know what part number for thrust bearing for Ohlins 48010-19 springs?
I would like to try thrust bearing to solve my ticking / clunking noises while turning steering wheel especially on very slow speed / parking reverse.
Thank you

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Does anyone know what part number for thrust bearing for Ohlins 48010-19 springs?
I would like to try thrust bearing to solve my ticking / clunking noises while turning steering wheel especially on very slow speed / parking reverse.
Thank you
They don't sell it, I had to get some from swift. Not sure on part number, it's just whatever diameter version of their thrust sheet combo. 3dm sells it.