GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone fitted a highline reversing camera?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
So I've installed a highline reversing camera to my Mk7 and it all works fine, the guidelines move with the steering wheel (granted they need calibrating), etc.

I'm missing the parking modes buttons to change between bay/parallel parking - just wondering whether anyone knows what coding needs doing to bring these options up; all I have is the ability to change the contrast/brightness right now.

This photo shows what I'm on about:

abbyme24

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you have more info on this camera? Does it add the guidelines moving functionality ? Hate that my mk7s rear camera has static guidelines.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

vw-ac

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you also upgrade to the extra 4 side parking sensors?

I guess you are looking for the park assist feature, so that the car can control the steering for parallel or bay parking? If so, that isn't a feature from the reverse cam, it uses additional sensors on the sides of the front and rear bumpers, then is controlled from a physical button next above the parking sensor button.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Did you also upgrade to the extra 4 side parking sensors?

I guess you are looking for the park assist feature, so that the car can control the steering for parallel or bay parking? If so, that isn't a feature from the reverse cam, it uses additional sensors on the sides of the front and rear bumpers, then is controlled from a physical button next above the parking sensor button.

No, I'm not. There should be buttons to change the viewing angle of the camera, but I can't find where to activate them. See the above image.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Figured it out!

When fitting the highline RVC, don't tell 5F it has an RVC in byte 19 - instead, go into adaptations and mark "BAP VPS" as activated, and "BAP VPS msg bus" as "comfort data bus".

I now have all the modes I'm supposed to have.

If anyone has any questions regarding fitting a highline RVC to the Mk7, hit me up!

snekkerevensen

Figured it out!

When fitting the highline RVC, don't tell 5F it has an RVC in byte 19 - instead, go into adaptations and mark "BAP VPS" as activated, and "BAP VPS msg bus" as "comfort data bus".

I now have all the modes I'm supposed to have.

If anyone has any questions regarding fitting a highline RVC to the Mk7, hit me up!

Did your car come with a cam from factory or have you installed everything new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Did your car come with a cam from factory or have you installed everything new?

I didn't have a camera fitted from the factory - I had the standard emblem release.

I fitted the new emblem and fed the wiring harness from the boot/trunk lid down to the glovebox along the passenger (left hand) side behind the trim and connected to the head unit.

Coding was pretty easy, but I had no instructions to go on as the highline camera has different coding requirements to the lowline.

The camera just needs calibrating by the dealer now, and it'll be good to go :)

snekkerevensen

I didn't have a camera fitted from the factory - I had the standard emblem release.

I fitted the new emblem and fed the wiring harness from the boot/trunk lid down to the glovebox along the passenger (left hand) side behind the trim and connected to the head unit.

Coding was pretty easy, but I had no instructions to go on as the highline camera has different coding requirements to the lowline.

The camera just needs calibrating by the dealer now, and it'll be good to go :)

Aha i see [emoji1362] Was it a lot of work or did all the wires go through existing holes? Did you use vagcom or is the coding possible with other tools? And where did you get the cam and emblem opening motor from? [emoji4]

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Aha i see [emoji1362] Was it a lot of work or did all the wires go through existing holes? Did you use vagcom or is the coding possible with other tools? And where did you get the cam and emblem opening motor from? [emoji4]

You've got to take all the trim off, at least to fish the wire through. So that's the rear hatch trim cover, and then most of the trim along the left hand side of the car. With proper trim removal tools, it's not too tricky.

I used VCDS and it's all really simple to code, I just didn't have instructions so needed to research a bit!

The kit I got from carsystems.pl - they do the lowline and highline versions. Obviously, highline has an increased cost to it but some would consider it worth the money. I'm still undecided, but I've paid now :)

snekkerevensen

You've got to take all the trim off, at least to fish the wire through. So that's the rear hatch trim cover, and then most of the trim along the left hand side of the car. With proper trim removal tools, it's not too tricky.

I used VCDS and it's all really simple to code, I just didn't have instructions so needed to research a bit!

The kit I got from carsystems.pl - they do the lowline and highline versions. Obviously, highline has an increased cost to it but some would consider it worth the money. I'm still undecided, but I've paid now :)

Hehe, I see. Thanks for the info mate. I’ll take a look at it, and hopefully I’ll find the money to order Soon ;)

kubo777

What is the part number on the camera unit? Are the guidelines part of the new camera unit (what would be the retrofit on camera unit with current static guidelines), or part of coding?
d
EDIT. So it seems there is a 2 types of cameras integrated into the emblem unit. Not sure on the part numebrs, but I guess the camera is the only difference, with "Vehicle path display" activated in VCDS. I would love to swap the cameras only, as I already have the static trajectory lines version, and don't want to spend the 500€ on a whole assembly.

Last edited:

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
What is the part number on the camera unit? Are the guidelines part of the new camera unit (what would be the retrofit on camera unit with current static guidelines), or part of coding?
d
EDIT. So it seems there is a 2 types of cameras integrated into the emblem unit. Not sure on the part numebrs, but I guess the camera is the only difference, with "Vehicle path display" activated in VCDS. I would love to swap the cameras only, as I already have the static trajectory lines version, and don't want to spend the 500€ on a whole assembly.

The highline with moving guidelines has a control module (6C Backup Camera) integrated into the camera that attaches to the CANBUS.

You'd need the new wiring harness and this control module / camera module.

Part number is 5Q0 980 556 B for the camera.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
The highline with moving guidelines has a control module (6C Backup Camera) integrated into the camera that attaches to the CANBUS.

You'd need the new wiring harness and this control module / camera module.

Part number is 5Q0 980 556 B for the camera.

A Highline camera, is physically different than the Lowline?, or is it just that the highline needs wires from canbus?