GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone fitted a highline reversing camera?

ER2RUL

Hi

I want to hear what I've done wrong. i have a mk7 gte i have mounted rvc high but i cant see parking modes. I needed to activate it as low with vcds. I have some doubts as to whether the wiring harness is the right one. I have connected positve, negative, 2 wire to 6 and 12 in blue socket, reverse light. I miss two cables I think. and then comes vcds
I hope you can help me

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Hi

I want to hear what I've done wrong. i have a mk7 gte i have mounted rvc high but i cant see parking modes. I needed to activate it as low with vcds. I have some doubts as to whether the wiring harness is the right one. I have connected positve, negative, 2 wire to 6 and 12 in blue socket, reverse light. I miss two cables I think. and then comes vcds
I hope you can help me

If you connected it to a reverse light then it is a lowline.

Send us a pic of your cameras connectors.
Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
5GE827469E part nr
I think the wiring is wrong any part nr for that?

Looks like a lowline, but you can buy just the camera part without the entire opening mechanism for about 60 bucks.

ER2RUL

When I search on that part nr it says High ??

I like to do trailer assist I have this unit in my car do I need to change that to?

5Q0 919 298 K

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
When I search on that part nr it says High ??

I like to do trailer assist I have this unit in my car do I need to change that to?

5Q0 919 298 K
From what i saw on Google the connector is for a lowline camera.

Im not sure what park assist module you need for trailer assist but what i do know is that a highline camera is a must.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hi

I hope you can help me

5GE827469 is a highline camera, but you do not connect it to a reverse light - instead, it should have a CAN HIGH and CAN LOW connection.

How many wires do you have? You should have five.

12v power, CAN HIGH and LOW, and the two video connectors that go into the blue connector.

Where did you buy this unit? Which installation guide are you following?

You do NOT activate it as a lowline camera in VCDS.

ER2RUL

I don't have CAN HIGH and LOW

5GE827469E I bought it on ebay
vcds 5F byt19 Bit4

I activated�� it's working

Last edited:

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I don't have CAN HIGH and LOW

5GE827469E I bought it on ebay
vcds 5F byt19 Bit4

If you don't have two CAN connections, you don't have a highline camera, yet your part number indicates it IS a highline camera.

You do not activate that bit in VCDS.

How many bare wires do you have in your wiring harness, and what are their colours?

ER2RUL

I bought the harness on ebay to, I think thats the wrong one.
red +
Brown -
Yellow reverse light
black pin6

white pin12

ER2RUL

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-7-Rear-View-Cable-Set-Camera-Reversing-Wiring-loom-/162709963910

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie

So the black and clear cables that are bundled together go to the blue connector as normal; this is for video.

The red goes to the 12v supply in the Quadlock connector.

The brown and yellow must be CAN HIGH and LOW - these attach to the grey connector in the Quadlock.

You need pins 6 and 12 on the grey connector, similar to how you connect to the blue connector.

As the colours don't seem to be standard, I'm unaware of which is which - you will know when you've got them the right way round, though, as the 6C module will appear in VCDS.

ER2RUL

but the yellow and brown cables were short.

can you send me a link with the right one ( high cable harness)
I will cange it for be sure