GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone fitted a highline reversing camera?

Arad_20

Figured it out!

When fitting the highline RVC, don't tell 5F it has an RVC in byte 19 - instead, go into adaptations and mark "BAP VPS" as activated, and "BAP VPS msg bus" as "comfort data bus".

I now have all the modes I'm supposed to have.

If anyone has any questions regarding fitting a highline RVC to the Mk7, hit me up!
By BAP_VPS you mean what I Marked In The Pic? And if so, why is it on databus infotainment if i do not have a reverse camera?

Attachments

ITGUY

Go Kart Champion
This is great to know.. thanks.. I'll put this one in if my original ever breaks.

IWMTom

Go Kart Champion
To summarize...
installation is the same as this pdf
https://carsystems.home.pl/instrukcje/golf7rvcde.pdf

Two Wires to the headunit, 6 and 12
A Wire for constant 12v

Coding: as the pdf but don't tell 5F it has an RVC in byte 19 - instead, go into adaptations and mark "BAP VPS" as activated, and "BAP VPS msg bus" as "comfort data bus"

am i right?
Four wires to the HU - you forgot about the CAN HIGH and CAN LOW wires.

Everything else is correct.

Reaper1

Ready to race!
So, did the AliExpress wiring harness work with Highline camera?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
I am waiting for the camera, harness is in the car. When i get the camera ill update you guys.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reaper1

Ready to race!
To summarize...
installation is the same as this pdf
https://carsystems.home.pl/instrukcje/golf7rvcde.pdf

Two Wires to the headunit, 6 and 12
A Wire for constant 12v

Coding: as the pdf but don't tell 5F it has an RVC in byte 19 - instead, go into adaptations and mark "BAP VPS" as activated, and "BAP VPS msg bus" as "comfort data bus"

am i right?
If Instead of enabling the BAP VPS i will just do the coding for the lowline, will it still work bit i will not have the highline modes?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk