GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone fitted a highline reversing camera?

Matt.K

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R 2017 mk7.5
@Fraysa - once again thanks for your input.

I'm going to start a new thread, I'm going to put as much info as I can on there showing exactly what I've done so far. I think that will give helpful people like yourself a much better understanding as to where I'm at so far👍👍

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
@DV52 For some reason your comment is gone. For the yellow wire - I didn’t have it. My vendor made an extension that takes the existing plug that connects into the badge (for the locking mechanism) and outputs the bigger plug required for the new badge. I guess it takes care of the yellow wire and also provides ground as I didn’t have to connect any ground wires.

I don’t see the problem with the camera showing when the trunk is open - I’ve had the same thing with Audi cameras.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
@DV52 For some reason your comment is gone. For the yellow wire - I didn’t have it. My vendor made an extension that takes the existing plug that connects into the badge (for the locking mechanism) and outputs the bigger plug required for the new badge. I guess it takes care of the yellow wire and also provides ground as I didn’t have to connect any ground wires.

I don’t see the problem with the camera showing when the trunk is open - I’ve had the same thing with Audi cameras.

@Fraysa: I removed my comment because I subsequently saw you response to Matt about your wiring arrangement.

I agree - as I said to Matt, I don't believe that the latch switch is important for the camera. It's just that if you are correct and if this switch status is integrated into your vendor's new wiring harness somehow, and if your camera works when the lid is open - what's the point of including this wire at all?

Don

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
@Fraysa: I removed my comment because I subsequently saw you response to Matt about your wiring arrangement.

I agree - as I said to Matt, I don't believe that the latch switch is important for the camera. It's just that if you are correct and if this switch status is integrated into your vendor's new wiring harness somehow, and if your camera works when the lid is open - what's the point of including this wire at all?

Don

According to Matt, if the yellow wire is disconnected - the camera won’t pop. I assume the big connector is in charge of the locking mechanism, and the yellow wire (and ground) are responsible for the actual popping when reverse is selected.

kiucheng

Car(s)
Golf 7 Variant
@IWMTom I brought the same high line RVC from carsystems.eu. Just want to make sure the coding bit before I proceed to installation.
So there are only two things to code:
"BAP VPS" as activated,
"BAP VPS msg bus" as "comfort data bus".

From the pdf I got from carsystems.eu, I see two more items:
ADD.ADRESS 6C IN 19 GATEWAY INST.LIST
CAR_FUNCTION_LIST_BAP_GEN2 MSG BUS -----TERMINAL 15

Do you know if they are related?
My car is Golf 7 Variant with front and rear parking sensor, no RVC

Much appreciated

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
@IWMTom I brought the same high line RVC from carsystems.eu. Just want to make sure the coding bit before I proceed to installation.
So there are only two things to code:
"BAP VPS" as activated,
"BAP VPS msg bus" as "comfort data bus".

From the pdf I got from carsystems.eu, I see two more items:
ADD.ADRESS 6C IN 19 GATEWAY INST.LIST
CAR_FUNCTION_LIST_BAP_GEN2 MSG BUS -----TERMINAL 15

Do you know if they are related?
My car is Golf 7 Variant with front and rear parking sensor, no RVC

Much appreciated
Yes you should add it to the installation list in the gateway.

As for the second one, not sure what that's for as they haven't specified which BAP function, presumably it's VPS. Feel free to ignore that one.

Leozyo

Car(s)
Golf MK7 GTI
L M F A O.

They had you over a barrel. £85.50 an hour to pull some trim and run a wire... ouch!

Sorry, I appreciate this doesn't help with your issue, I just find it appalling that they're charging such a ludicrous sum.

Alex @ VW Retrofit would have supplied and fit for £350.
Pretty old topic, but mahby interesting fact:

I had a fellow student that was doing a research for a VW dealership last year. I helped her with some feedback for the setup of her research. Her dealership (which is located in the netherlands) was calculating € 122,- a hour. Her research was about the reason why this amount was LOWER than other dealership in this region (Rotterdam).

85 ponds a hour doesnt suprise me at all :p.

Last edited:

Bockmeister

Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Dunno where you've bought this camera from, but it's been knicked from the factory before it reached the end of the line.

Very dodgy.
I've purchased modules legit from my dealer that have come uncoded (all 00's), but the Adaption table is filled. When you perform a Module Replacement using a properly licensed ODIS account ($900 per year here in the U.S.), component protect gets removed and you are prompted to copy coding from the old unit, or have it coded via your connection. That coding works nicely if you are coding a module that was available for your car model, but if that module wasn't available for your model, you have to manually code it. (At least this has been my experience.)

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I've purchased modules legit from my dealer that have come uncoded (all 00's), but the Adaption table is filled. When you perform a Module Replacement using a properly licensed ODIS account ($900 per year here in the U.S.), component protect gets removed and you are prompted to copy coding from the old unit, or have it coded via your connection. That coding works nicely if you are coding a module that was available for your car model, but if that module wasn't available for your model, you have to manually code it. (At least this has been my experience.)
The all 0 coding string wasn't my concern. "No band end programming occurs" was.

ericek565

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk 7 Variant 2.0
Hi guys I am desperate... I tried all day to enable the HIGHLINE camera..
The camera is connected correct
Can High
Can Low
Black and White Video.
Red +

VCDS codding :
6C Backup cam is enabled in Can Gateway.
10 Parkassist. Byte2 ->Bit4-5 RVC installed

And here is the problem :
I cannot find :
CAR_FUNCTION_LIST_BAP_Gen2-VPS_0x0b
CAR_FUNCTION_LIST_BAP_Gen2-VPS_0x0b_msg_bus
I can only find :
CAR_FUNCTION_LIST_BAP_VPS_0x0b
CAR_FUNCTION_LIST_BAP_VPS_0x0b_msg_bus,

I cannot find the GEN2 option...

When i adapt them (1.acitavated) (2.Databus Infotaiment)
and restart the radio.
The camera is not working when put to reverse it does not flip the emblem or turn on the camera on the display.

Can anyone help me ?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hi guys I am desperate... I tried all day to enable the HIGHLINE camera..
The camera is connected correct
Can High
Can Low
Black and White Video.
Red +

VCDS codding :
6C Backup cam is enabled in Can Gateway.
10 Parkassist. Byte2 ->Bit4-5 RVC installed

And here is the problem :
I cannot find :
CAR_FUNCTION_LIST_BAP_Gen2-VPS_0x0b
CAR_FUNCTION_LIST_BAP_Gen2-VPS_0x0b_msg_bus
I can only find :
CAR_FUNCTION_LIST_BAP_VPS_0x0b
CAR_FUNCTION_LIST_BAP_VPS_0x0b_msg_bus,

I cannot find the GEN2 option...

When i adapt them (1.acitavated) (2.Databus Infotaiment)
and restart the radio.
The camera is not working when put to reverse it does not flip the emblem or turn on the camera on the display.

Can anyone help me ?
Where to start....

You do not enable anything in the Park Assist module for RVC.

Those are the correct adaptation channels.

Have you coded the camera?