GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone fitted a highline reversing camera?

Kushdaiin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R, MK7 GSW SEL
@Cuzoe, Thank you! I was looking for a diagram exactly like that but I couldn't find that in any of the documents I had pulled from EKTA. I'll cross my fingers and check it out.

chrispie

Car(s)
Golf 1.0 + golf R
Just on the the high line cameras specifically. Has anybody managed to calibrate/perform basic settings this successfully on a golf MQB platform 7/7.5? ....regardless of the intricacies of the board and lasers.

I've tried :

4M0980556A - Cannot display the camera feed neither has parameters.
5Q0980556B - Basic Settings can never be achieved which is making me think because it's

Yet to try:
5Q0980568A - Not sure on this one?
5Q0980568B - Not sure on this one?

Darkchina had theories it was a 5Q0980556B camera designed for Passats or Superbs and the only way others in some German forums had tried it was tricking ODIS by waiting for the connection to timeout and then manually selecting a different model of car when selecting project (a passat or superb) so the camera can be correctly found as J794 vs. J772 and also then move to basic settings.

They'd also thought that 5Q0980556 is the easiest variation to work with and B being the really tricky variant.

There is also another theory I have of using the 4M0980556A hardware with the 5Q0980556B software which might prove to be interesting, with an aim to use a Passat B8 (VW48X) project file on ODIS instead of a golf 7.5 one (VW37X).
I wonder if you did manage to get (one of your) 6C's calibrated?
I'm also struggling to get my 5Q0 980 556 B (according to ETKA originating from an Audi TT or A3 Cabrio) calibrated in my Golf MK7,5 Hatch.
VCDS is giving me the notorious 7F access rejection error but OBD11 in EOL with default 801129 is going just fine.

I hope if you can provide an update

Cheers, Chris

P.S.
I discovered that a golf 7.5 wheelbase is 2626mm only if you're on 19" rims. In (my) case of 18" it is 2660mm.

scaper28

Anyone managed to calibrate there highline camera ? I have just had one fitted but I have basic settings errors in my vcds scan and the parking sensors only work in reverse , they only beep when not in reverse and don’t show on the screen . Reading previous posts I think my choices are either to update my gateway or tell the car is a low line camera ?

scaper28

I have now found my boot will not open via the catch, it will only unlock via the key boot unlock button, camera is still working.. I am not sure if I have messed some programming up or the camera has now gone faulty.

Kushdaiin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R, MK7 GSW SEL
I would guess there's a loose wire somewhere. I had this happen right after installation of camera. Just give it a good once over.

scaper28

I would guess there's a loose wire somewhere. I had this happen right after installation of camera. Just give it a good once over.
Was it the same issue where it would only open via the keyfob and not the boot handle itself ? I checked the perm live wire stereo end as that is where it has been tapped into and that is still connected.

Meesters

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 Variant
Goodmorning,

I also did the upgrade to a highline cam, as already talked about in another topic on this website.

I have a Golf 7.5 Variant and I have the 556B cam, where it officially should be the 568B cam for golf 7/7.5

Because there exists no dataset for the 556B for Golf 7, you must use dataset for a car that has officially this cam. So I tried really "all" datasets on MIB-solutions, and found out that for Passat 2023 variant matches best for Golf 7 variant. With this dataset the guidelines are best in sinc with the image. But you can still see that they float a little bit, even better seen with the parallel parking option.

I tried to calibrate this cam, but without succes. Maybe because of wrong dataset, but first off all, because I don't know what I'm doing.
Now I see in the following link on VCDS forum where people say they have successfully calibrated their RVC.

https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/23741/

Now I don't have VCDS, and I may not reply on that forum, but is there someone here who has, and would like to motivate the people on the VCDS forum to explain here how they did it? Especially Darkchina811, has a friend who did calibration for him, if he could explain how he did it, maybe I could find out how to calibrate a 556B

The benefit is that we realise a real cheap upgrade to highline RVC for golf 7, since this cam can be found new for under €/$ 50,-

Meesters

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 Variant
I have now found my boot will not open via the catch, it will only unlock via the key boot unlock button, camera is still working.. I am not sure if I have messed some programming up or the camera has now gone faulty.
Must be the wiring, did you upgrade cam with ali wiring?

scaper28

Must be the wiring, did you upgrade cam with ali wiring?
I had it installed by someone , however I expect it is cheap wiring and unit , looking at the VCDS scan the hardware and software don't match so I am not surprised I have errors with it.

I have since this morning noticed the boot opens if I ram the boot leaver back hard so its clearly gone faulty.

Address 6C: Back-up Cam. (J772) Labels:| 5Q0-980-556.clb
Part No SW: 5Q0 980 556 B HW: 4M0 980 556 A
Component: RVC Compact H19 0231
Dataset Number: V03935246NT 0001
Coding: 0184010162000017000040
Shop #: WSC 12345 123 12345
ASAM Dataset: EV_CamSysRVRVCPANAMQBAB 006009
ROD: EV_CamSysRVRVCPANAMQBAB.rod
VCID: 39731977B816A159C4-806C

Meesters

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 Variant
Well, for my opinion, there is nothing wrong with ali wiring, but sometimes it could be a pin that came loose from wire, wich could happen. Opening the boot has nothing to do with coding of camera. I saw in the video of @mr-fix that he uses ali wiring where there is a pass through connection from old "boot handle" to new flip mechanism.

Last edited:

scaper28

Well, for my opinion, there is nothing wrong with ali wiring, but sometimes it could be a pin that came loose from wire, wich could happen. Opening the boot has nothing to do with coding of camera. I saw in the video of @mr-fix that he uses ali wiring where there is a pass through connection from old "boot handle" to new flip mechanism.
I do not think it is a wiring issue either , I think it is the unit that has gone faulty. the camera is working it is just the boot opening side of it , that requires the handle/leaver to be pushed back really hard to make it work . The errors on vcds scan showing wrong dataset and calibration is a seperate issue, I kinda wish I went for a standard lowline camera now :(

Does anyone know the part number to the genuine lowline cameras that are fitted to the 2015 golf mk7 by any chance ?

Meesters

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 Variant
I do not think it is a wiring issue either , I think it is the unit that has gone faulty. the camera is working it is just the boot opening side of it , that requires the handle/leaver to be pushed back really hard to make it work . The errors on vcds scan showing wrong dataset and calibration is a seperate issue, I kinda wish I went for a standard lowline camera now :(

Does anyone know the part number to the genuine lowline cameras that are fitted to the 2015 golf mk7 by any chance ?
Variant or Hatchback

Meesters

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 Variant
Goodmorning,

I have a question and some information I would like to share.

I have found a 5q0980568a camera which is same as the one in car of mr-fix, that he bought second hand. Is there someone who knows where to find dataset for this version? Or is there someone who knows if it is possible to flash with 5Q0980568B V250 and use dataset found on MIB solutions. Hope to receive camera next week.

Furthermore,

I still have no succes with calibrating the 5q0980556b camera. Although I think I'm doing the right things, it seems impossible. I am using Dataset for Passat B8 Variant. Calibration I do with Odis S. I figured the most important values are:

-Wheel base + distance to board (for Golf 7 2626 + 1500 = 4126).
-Board size (Full size in my case).
-Hight of marker (because of "floating guidelines") I think it must be around "-160" (Yes, minus).
-You can play with hight of camera and hight of wheel arch, but this seems only when you are to far out of spec that it influence calibration. If left on "0", I get same results.

The reason I think I'm doing the right thing, is that if I use values to far of as described above , I get the error "calibration board not found". But if I stay not to far of, I get "position calibrationboard wrong". Also I get readings which actually visually influence the guidelines, which are almost in sinc now. But basic settings error remains since there is no successful calibration. If you have doubts about this, I can read those values in OBD11 afterwards, where there are otherwise only zero's, so readings are saved in module.

I tried calibration based on detected car, but also manually picked Passat B8, before calibration, this seems not to do anything, since I get exactly same results.

For that reason I now continue my journey with another type of cam wich I found cheap.

Greets Chris

Last edited:

Meesters

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 Variant
Hello everybody,

Good news, I succesfully calibrated my highline 6C 5q0980556b in Golf 7.5 Variant. So no more faults in DTC.

A good acquaintance, gave me the solution that he found on the Russian site Drive2.

I used the calibration process from the DIY in the link below.

https://www.drive2.ru/l/652145911153035624/

Only difference Is, that this DIY is for hatch, I did on Variant, so difference in lengt is only 33mm, and not 330mm.

Hope this helps anyone.