GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone ever purchase parts from vwdirectautoparts?

OCT0PUSCRIME

Car(s)
2016 VW Golf TSI
I’m doing some maintenance on my suspension and I’m curious if anyone has ever used this site. I have only seen one member on the forums link this site and I’ve found a couple ok reviews. Is this a real website? I don’t want to get counterfeit items or no items at all. Happy to spend more on another website if I must. It only turns out to be like $80 difference after shipping or something.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I have, they ship out of Texas... Laredo maybe... it's the online store for a dealer service department I think. Similar to vwpartsvortex.com (which is in NJ) or other similar sites. They may not always have everything in stock so you might have a few days wait before they ship the order but it's all OEM stuff. Longest I've had to wait for them to get something before shipping was a week, and that was during these covid times.

I usually compare VWpartsvortex, VWdirectauroparts and JimellisVWparts as all three seem to always offer some percentage off of OEM parts. Shipping varies so I'll create the same shopping cart on all 3 then get the estimated shipping. Then I use the zip code search on parts.vw.com to see if somewhere local is randomly offering some percentage off that makes it cheaper than shipping from one of the other sites.

As for VWdirectparts...
My most recent order was several pieces of gloss black trim for my conversion... ordered June 22, shipped June 30th
Ordered a BCM late last year... ordered 11/24 and shipped 11/27
Ordered a front wheel hub/bearing assembly last year as well.. ordered 3/16, shipped 3/19

Last edited:

OCT0PUSCRIME

Car(s)
2016 VW Golf TSI
I have, they ship out of Texas... Laredo maybe... it's the online store for a dealer service department I think. Similar to vwpartsvortex.com (which is in NJ) or other similar sites. They may not always have everything in stock so you might have a few days wait before they ship the order but it's all OEM stuff. Longest I've had to wait for them to get something before shipping was a week, and that was during these covid times.

I usually compare VWpartsvortex, VWdirectauroparts and JimellisVWparts as all three seem to always offer some percentage off of OEM parts. Shipping varies so I'll create the same shopping cart on all 3 then get the estimated shipping. Then I use the zip code search on parts.vw.com to see if somewhere local is randomly offering some percentage off that makes it cheaper than shipping from one of the other sites.

As for VWdirectparts...
My most recent order was several pieces of gloss black trim for my conversion... ordered June 22, shipped June 30th
Ordered a BCM late last year... ordered 11/24 and shipped 11/27
Ordered a front wheel hub/bearing assembly last year as well.. ordered 3/16, shipped 3/19

Great! Thank you for the detailed response, it is incredibly helpful. I will take a look at those other sites as well and see pricing. I'm assuming vortex will probably be best as I'm in Michigan.