GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else tempted to get Stage 1 simply...

nype

Drag Racing Champion
There are manual methods for permanent disabling auto/start stop. Something about disconnecting a smaller wire that runs to the battery? Anyway have a search.

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
I was under the assumption that this could be disabled via OBD11? If you need an excuse to go stage one then... go for it. I don't drive DSG so i'm not sure but I've heard of people talk about it.

FLcarguy

Yeah, of course I’m only joking but honestly, Im anxious to go Stage 1 sooner than later because of all the obvious reasons but because it fixes something that is really annoying to me

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Tangential but similar.

Has anyone with the stalling issue been tuned?

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Tangential but similar.

Has anyone with the stalling issue been tuned?
Mine had the stalling problem, but cured itself before I went Stage 1. Had 5 or 6 stalls all at very low mileage and then it just stopped happening. Went Stage 2 shortly thereafter, without incident.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Personally, i dont want to give up one of the best factory warranty out in the market.
APR plus can help soften the blow, but understand that the warranty is likely not quite as comprehensive as VW's. A JB4 is a good option for maintaining factory warranty while safely adding another ~40hp

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
APR plus can help soften the blow, but understand that the warranty is likely not quite as comprehensive as VW's. A JB4 is a good option for maintaining factory warranty while safely adding another ~40hp

Also APR warranty will be invalid if you install any powertrain related components from a different manufacturer in the vehicle.

If anything, JB4 will be my route.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
to eliminate the incredibly annoying engine cut off every time you stop.. worth the $799 alone... the 82 bhp is a bonus .... ?

To disable the annoying engine auto start/stop just disconnect it from the engine side of the battery near the back of the battery. Just a simple electrical connector. You will get a message in the MFD the first time you stop after it's disconnected but only once each time you restart the car. Takes 5 seconds and it's free. No VCDS or OBDeleven.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Is this a thing on certain mk7 models? Dont think my '16 Golf has this 'feature'
I believe auto start/stop was added with the MK7.5s (2018+)