GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else struggle to find a comfortable driving position?

Zaptrax

Same seats. And I agree with your assessment. So much so I went to a GLI Autobahn. Obviously less bolstering but seats, for me, are night and day better.
When I did my research on the VW website before buying the GTI it did not list different seats as part of the Autobahn package but yesterday I did more extensive research and found it has 12-way power adjustable seats. I also learned the Autobahn has other features the VW website does not list like 2-zone auto climate control, park assist, adaptive cruise control. Why VW would not make it clear these features are included in the Autobahn package is beyond my comprehension.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
I guess I can't complain too much about the 7s seats yet but have to say, my wife's old Mk4 Jetta GLS had some hella comfortable seats. The key was that lower back support cushion. It felt therapeutic sitting in the car, lol.

Otherwise, the only other comfortable seats I can recall sitting in was some SUV BMW at the Auto Show in New York one year (maybe 2012? Can't remember) and my buddies 2019 Honda Civic SI, lol.

kilby

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2021 GTI, 2019 GLI,
It's likely just me, maybe I'm crazy, but for the life of me I cannot get comfortable driving this car and it's killing the driving enjoyment.

I've owned my Mk7.5 for 9 months now and every day I constantly feel the need to adjust the seat and steering wheel position. Even when I get it feeling decent for a drive, the next time I get in the car, it feels wrong so I'm readjusting again. I drove a Mk6 for 8 years prior to this and never had this issue and the difference between the two isn't that great so I don't know why I'm having so many issues this time around.

Anyone else struggle with this? I wouldn't be shocked if it was just me though.
A lot of North Americans are too wide for the bolsters, Jetta GLI has seats that fit N.A. We have both the GLI and a '21 Autobahn. My real discomfort in both is the hard plastic on the side of the centre stack, my gas pedal knee hurts on longer trips. There is an easy fix for this, on Amazon there are aftermarket pads which adhere to the car where your knee comes in contact, the two I have purchased are black with red stitching so are invisible. We bought a gel pad for my wife who says the seat bottoms are too hard on longer trips.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
I also think it’s the lack of seat bottom angle adjustments on lower trim levels. I know I’ve added spacers in the past on mine.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I did the spacers mod too, to lift the front of the seat up a bit to get a better angle on it for more thigh support. Made all the difference. Also, adding a piece of foam in the lumbar portion since mine was very weak.

kilby

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2021 GTI, 2019 GLI,
My only changes for comfort in the '19 GLI and '21 GTI was the stick on knee pad where my right knee is in almost constant contact with the hard plastic of the centre stack, makes a big difference on longer drives and are black with red stitching, available on Amazon.