GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else mining

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I have zero doubt crypto is the future. It just isn't going to look like you think it'll look. It'll be regulated by the government and central banks.

Again, you guys are insane if you think governments and the banking industry is going to let go of control of monetary supply.

I've got a bunch of ocean front condos AZ to sell if you guys want to get in early on them.

There are theories that Nakamoto is not a person but a government agency.

I don't think we have to wait for government to take control. They created crypto.

If you think anything like bitcoin, etherium etc would be allowed to run its course unless it was already approved, you are sorely mistaken.

Do I wear a tin foil hat? Most of the time. But also know that people in power don't willingly give up power or allow it to be done unless they are directly or indirectly involved.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

I don't think we have to wait for government to take control. They created crypto.

If you think anything like bitcoin, etherium etc would be allowed to run its course unless it was already approved, you are sorely mistaken.

Do I wear a tin foil hat? Most of the time. But also know that people in power don't willingly give up power or allow it to be done unless they are directly or indirectly involved.

I already posted, central banks are creating their own and they will be legal tender. They will make the rest of the market redundant, if they don't make it illegal at some point.

Those with money and power will know when this is going to happen and will already divest.

Governments and central banks will absorb the more stable cryptocurrencies when it happens to avoid ripple affects.

I agree none of those in power are giving up control, I just disagree that crypto is operating with their blessing right now.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

You are saying that like it's something bad. Only elves and followers of the Tooth Fairy think things happen spontaneously.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
We'll see if they're serious about it this time. Not the first time they have wanted to stop mining and didn't. :^)
Well, gas fees are a major problem on the ETH network right now, proof of stake is necessary to fix long term, so if 1599 doesnt kill mining then ETH2.0 most certainly will.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Nope, I understand it and have zero animosity towards cryptocurrencies. Everything I've stated is factual and already happening. I'm a realist. Realiality is often considered antagonistic to what people want to believe.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Crypto is regulated to a degree in the US already. the SEC, Commodity Futures Trading Commission, and the Treasury and Federal reserve are already in on it. The idea of the IRS cracking down for taxes is to be expected, though it looks like even the Government says they couldn't ban it:

"For those investors who are worried that the U.S. government will soon crack down on the use of cryptocurrencies in the name of investor protection or in order to maintain better control of the money supply, Peirce had some reassuring words.

“I think we were past that point [where governments could effectively ban crypto] because you’d have to shut down the internet,” she said. “A government could say it’s not allowed here, but people would still be able to do it and it would be very hard to stop people from doing it. It would be a foolish thing” for a government to attempt, Peirce said."

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/u...ions-says-sec-commissioner-peirce-11617824160

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Got my 1060 up and going today. 5700xt to follow tonight.

Reactions: the

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
@jay745 am I wrong? 😂

there’s so many opposing strong forces keeping cryptocurrency away from being truly legitimate, the shits just flopping and gasping for air.

this amazing decentralized gem of an idea. This thing that isn’t tied into any one nation, or government or even any banks. Is literally at the mercy of all of it. Rather folks want to believe it or not, crypto has a very very long way to go.

for now, it’s a great option for purchasing drugs from China, guns and other crazy fucked up services. Allegedly.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I remember when crypto’s only purpose was to get floka and molly over from China. It was the only way to pay. Cool thing was, if the pack got lost. Dude in China would reimburse 50% of the product on next order.

😂

EDIT allegedly.

I've got a buddy from college (we are mid 2010s grads, so this was all new) who tells me that one of the things he looks back on is not buying or mining bitcoin so that he could order fun substances from dark sites. He thought about it for a while, but instead he chose to use US-Govt-backed legal tender to buy from the local plug so he could ensure everything was on the up and up.

Nice! Finally, we get some action in this thread.

20 Mh/s even though I'm wicked late to the party. Should've found an easy start guide 18 months ago when that thing was collecting dust.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I've got a buddy from college (we are mid 2010s grads, so this was all new) who tells me that one of the things he looks back on is not buying or mining bitcoin so that he could order fun substances from dark sites. He thought about it for a while, but instead he chose to use US-Govt-backed legal tender to buy from the local plug so he could ensure everything was on the up and up.

20 Mh/s even though I'm wicked late to the party. Should've found an easy start guide 18 months ago when that thing was collecting dust.
Once the other card is going you will be making $100 every 7 days.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5

yeah the shit was scary back then. meeting a mother fucker with a wallet in starbucks. him ordering you the shit. you giving him the cash value of the coin. it really was nerve wrecking

allegedly