GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else considering the new Cadillac Blackwing models?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Early/mid 2013 when you count the official release in Europe.
Right, VW has had better interiors than that sad thing for, oh, pretty much forever. I really wanted to like the ATS-V, but it sounded like a Dyson and I just couldn't handle that interior. The new one is great, just as even the same generation CTS-V was pretty nice too. GM just gets in their own way too often.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
I want a Blackwing now

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
If i had the money i would think about it long and hard but would still probably go with an audi or porshe of some sort tbh

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
If i had the money i would think about it long and hard but would still probably go with an audi or porshe of some sort tbh

Honestly I’d probably go Porsche too unless I could get a few cars.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
I’ll post it for others.

Intro was dope AF!!

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Not sure, also not a problem for me
I just don’t see a competitive product from Porsche that overlaps either BW. The Panamera is larger, slower and much more expensive. The SUVs are SUVs and the 911 and Box/Cay are sports cars that really don’t compare.

I love Porsches, but saying you’d have a Porsche over a Blackwing is sort of like saying I’d have a Ducati over a Civic Type R.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
I just don’t see a competitive product from Porsche that overlaps either BW. The Panamera is larger, slower and much more expensive. The SUVs are SUVs and the 911 and Box/Cay are sports cars that really don’t compare.

I love Porsches, but saying you’d have a Porsche over a Blackwing is sort of like saying I’d have a Ducati over a Civic Type R.
And I'd rather have the larger slower porches too. Interior quality/ fit and finish is better. If you thought my "cross-shopping" was bad at my hypothetical what i'd rather have you'd have an aneurysm over what people actually cross-shops

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
And I'd rather have the larger slower porches too. Interior quality/ fit and finish is better. If you thought my "cross-shopping" was bad at my hypothetical what i'd rather have you'd have an aneurysm over what people actually cross-shops
I've been cross shopping a BRZ, Golf R, Bronco and Emira. I get weird cross shopping.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I came from a tuned ‘16 atsv, which was the first year of the atsv. Took it to the track enjoyed a first session, then rode with a well sorted gt4, and instantly knew I wanted to sell it. It’s fun for what it is, but it’s not meant to track hard without a lot of specific track mods. I hated the brand and the regular ats drivers were not people I’d want to associate with. The cluster was actually very nice when turned off, but the font sucked. Weird shitty detail that bothered me at first, until I really looked at it when powered down. The v got a lot more respect than the r does, but I honestly enjoy driving the r much more. I had it ceramic coated a couple times, made it as nice as I could, then it became a burden (CO sand is prevalent, especially up in the hills where I live). The lines were really hard to get used to…angles everywhere. The shifter was a little long throw and no aftermarket shifter available. Rare car, everyone thought it was a ctsv. Random electrical/ electronic events that would occur from time to time that would go away with a restart. Never liked the way it sounded but the r isn’t much better, if at all. Paid $38.5k for it, drove it for 2 years and 20k miles (never a daily :), and sold it for what I bought it for. I would not buy one again, nor would I consider a blackwing. I did see a ct5bw drive by one day and it sounded great. The lf4 that the atsv and ct4bw use) will always sound like a tractor, no matter the exhaust. Interior reminded me of a really nice Malibu, but never really felt like luxury. The interior was better than the r in many ways. Recaros in the v were better than the r seats. I did love the no lift shift and it was pretty fast, especially up top. Just kept pulling and pulling, even at high elevation. One thing that I miss was driving with supercars, something I won’t attempt with the r. I don’t miss the v, but don’t regret the experience.
DDD7F3BB-E521-40B5-8E17-146C102C4503.jpeg

B54DA7EC-D4E2-4570-B597-4C7F4CE7DF12.jpeg

FFF5DA45-2D58-4CD5-9818-A90BF9836285.jpeg

Last edited: