GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone done a high flow Throttle Body Pipe yet?

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
Such as the CTS or Spulen pipes (Neuspeed will probably have one soon too). I had one on my MKV that really helped with throttle response and more turbo sound. It also had an integrated bung for water meth injection which was nice because I eventually went that route anyway.

CTS looks to be the only one that comes with a bung for W/M so that's the one I ordered. I feel like this was one on the better bang for the buck mods on my MKV so just curious if anyone has installed one yet on their 7R.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I got one from a Spulen agent. They got the meth bung placement all wrong. The pipe is basically a reversed GTI pipe (the oem units have same part number but go on opposite ways). On the GTI it fitted perfectly. If they had also done some research on that they would have realized the correct location in terms of laying the pipe is for the nozzle to sit on the left as you look at the throttle pipe since the routing on that side is far easier.
I cannot really say that I can feel any difference in spool unlike a unit we fitted on our 6R.

Aussie R

Ready to race!
I had throttle pipe intalled today with Turbo Outlet pipe. My mechanic stated the Turbo outlet pipe nightmare to install and poor fit. I wouldn;t recommend outlet pipe at all, the Throttle pipe should be ok.

I had it installed with DSG tune, GFB DV+ and APR turbo muffler delete and the combination has made car extremely responsive!

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
Thanks! Who makes the DSG tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DXJP

Passed Driver's Ed
You have to live in OZ for harding to tune your DSG. They don't loan or sell the tune out. There are a few places in the states to get a DSG tune, and SSP can do it, but you need to bring the car to them.

TVS is and option but their tools are expensive.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
Got this installed to go along with my GIAC stage 1 tune and VWR R600 intake. Slightly discernible increase in throttle response. CTS pipe is top shelf quality and fitment was spot on though.

Dave 2.5

Ready to race!
Got this installed to go along with my GIAC stage 1 tune and VWR R600 intake. Slightly discernible increase in throttle response. CTS pipe is top shelf quality and fitment was spot on though.

Is the water meth bung in a useful location?

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
Yes ideal location IMO.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
Yep. Pretty sure you can see its location in the pics on CTS' website.