GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone do DQ381 7-speed DSG fluid change yet?

builtospill

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Hey, has anyone out there done a DSG service on the 7-speed DQ381 that comes on the 2018+ Golf R and 2019+ GTI? Is it the same filter and fluid as the 6 speed DSG on MK7 Golf? Same temperture and fill snorkel procedure as well? No one has posted a handy DIY video on YouTube yet.

Hollywood0220

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
German/Japanese
They would be the full pop through VW. They range higher elsewhere between $72-76.
The whole kit is what I would suggest from DAP.

Just peel off the Gold and line your VW emblems with it LOL

Last edited:

Hollywood0220

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
German/Japanese
Fcp looks to be oe while shop is oem if that matters. They're probably both made by the same company
https://www.febi.com/en/brand/production-expertise/
The lower cost is manufactured by Febi (see link). They are manufactured in Germany - so, gotta be reliable if distributing in Europe.
The OE is a genuine VW and costs more when the VW brand goes on it.
But, yes they could be manufactured by the same organization.

uranorab8

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Hi all, I'm reviving this thread as I'm approaching the time for a DSG service for the 7 speed dq381 on my 19 rabbit. Aside from the filter being accessed behind the downpipe, I'm assuming that the drain and fill procedure are the same as the dq250? Anyone know the oil capacity of this transmission? Here's a picture of the DSG filter on the top left, the middle is the fill plug for the VAQ (downpipe has been removed):
WhatsApp Image 2021-04-29 at 10.30.04.jpeg

Last edited: