GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone added the rear seat USB charger ports from China?

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Yep, still works fine thanks

SpecFroce

Car(s)
E-Golf MK7
No problems. Yeah I saw that lot, & ended up getting mine from "Saborway".

I'm catching up with a few mods before prices/availability gets stupid.
Hey Dave. Just curious: which mods have you performed to the car? I’m thinking about adding the lane assist feature where the mirrors light up if someone is in the other lane and hard to see. And perhaps changing my rear view mirror for the one that’s edgeless.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Hey Dave. Just curious: which mods have you performed to the car? I’m thinking about adding the lane assist feature where the mirrors light up if someone is in the other lane and hard to see. And perhaps changing my rear view mirror for the one that’s edgeless.

I haven't done either of those two mods...plenty of info of this forum & the web on them

The list of mods I've done is here:-
VW Golf MK7 Estate, GT spec, Tungsten Silver, 1.4TSI | Page 7 | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

P.S I got my 2xUSB (option 1) rear end panel for the centre console from a company called "Saborway??...on Aliexpress

SpecFroce

Car(s)
E-Golf MK7
@golfdave i think Saborway might be the VW supplier for the original parts themselves. Either the vendor themselves have a AliExpress-store, or the vendor deals only in parts from that supplier.

Datboireal

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk7 GTD
Just installed my rear usb air vent trim today. Also got it from Saborway and it arrived to the u.k in about 2 half weeks. The whole install took about an hour to do. Hardest part was feeding the connecting wire from the cigarette port under the armrest console and out the back next to the air vent. All parts look OEM and all works properly.

20211129_143403.jpg 20211201_103355.jpg 20211201_110056 (1).jpg

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Here are my side-by-side photos with the differences outlined. I have the the '16 GTI center console which does not have the drink cover and has a manual e-brake. I believe that's the main reason that it doesn't fit properly. I might be able to modify the tabs to make it work, but not sure it will be secure enough.
Let me know if you guys have any questions or want any specific photos.
Back from the dead, and quoting a years-old post. But the mounting is just one of the differences between Manual and Electronic parking brake center consoles. I just finished a retrofit of the Electronic parking brake into my NAR Golf. Golf/GTI's outside of NAR came with Electronic parking brake. So the "compatibility lists" on most of the Ali listings was/is correct for most places, just not NAR.

The center console I picked up (from eBay) came with the rear vent panel but my vent panel was in better shape so I thought... I'll just use mine instead. It did not fit, because of tabs and the hinge area for the arm rest. I guess I'm ordering the one with a USB-A and C now. Coming from a car with manual hand brake, I had a 12V plug under the arm rest, which the new console does not have, so that's easy.

MSRP for that rear piece, as delivered without USB ports, is $240 o_O. Lots of dealers discount it, but not down to the ~$75 shipped for the USB port version.