GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone added the rear seat USB charger ports from China?

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I found this on Aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000190041349.html

I like it because my kids need phone charging on long trips, and I dislike having to run long charger cables from the armrest 12V port through an adapter.

It's a nice integration solution. But I'm concerned about the fit and finish. A couple of the reviews say it's not perfect but good enough. Clearly not OEM.

Has anyone with North American spec MK7s installed it? I know that because of regulations the US/Canada center consoles are slightly different from ROW.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Feck!!…& I've only recently taken the whole centre console apart for the DG superpin!!….:mad:

Looks original ..part No 5GG 864 298B 82V???.......

Where to wire to thought??...piggy back of the 12v socket?....

sloopercat

Go Kart Newbie
Looks like that rear USB unit comes with a wire harness, attached to where, not sure. I thought I saw them cheaper on Aliexpress.

What the heck is a DG super pin? Going to install the aftermarket USB plug in a few and would like to know if I need the DG super pin.

i would have liked to have been in the product planner discussion where they thought one 12V plug and one USB was adequate.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Looks like that rear USB unit comes with a wire harness, attached to where, not sure. I thought I saw them cheaper on Aliexpress.

What the heck is a DG super pin? Going to install the aftermarket USB plug in a few and would like to know if I need the DG super pin.

i would have liked to have been in the product planner discussion where they thought one 12V plug and one USB was adequate.

Dg superpin...first step to eliminate gearshift slop...should also be fitted with the DG Delrin shaft bushes...before doing any other gearshift mods...believe me I've done them all!!

https://www.dieselgeek.com/collections/vw-shifter-bushings/products/super-pin-for-mk7

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion

sloopercat

Go Kart Newbie
My shifter seems to have near zero slop. According to their video, the super pin just takes up factory slop which I have no issues with. The cutting and zip tie mod looks sketchy at best. Will probably leave mine alone.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
My shifter seems to have near zero slop. According to their video, the super pin just takes up factory slop which I have no issues with. The cutting and zip tie mod looks sketchy at best. Will probably leave mine alone.

I didn't do the zip tie thingy..as you say "sketchy"

Wolphe

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 TSi
Bump. Looking to install this in my mk7.5 GTI. Has anyone in the US installed one of these yet? Possible?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-Golf-7-...-Air-Vent-5GG864298B82V-Genuine-/392620707100

So, has anyone installed this? Also, could one rewire the harness that comes with it to piggyback on the outlet in the console?
I'm assuming the pictured unit is more favorable for the Golfs with armrest console access, as this unit looks like it would cover the console compartment opening.

Even if nobody has, I'm going to order it in the next 2 weeks and give some feedback. It would just be nice to know the fit & finish ahead of time.