GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone add a quart of thicker oil before track day?

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
The only reason I was tracking the RE71R's is because I got a new set with 12 autocross runs on them for $200.

Are you using an oil cooler?
Negative. Just straight 5w-40 (with some M0S2) Car is a manual running the 75-90 From LM as well.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Negative. Just straight 5w-40 (with some M0S2) Car is a manual running the 75-90 From LM as well.

What oil temps are you seeing? What kind of ambient temps?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Would also throw the 651 sports into consideration
https://tirestreets.com/products/accelera-651-sport

I run em for competition and trackdays. Super solid and cost is wildly low. "EASTHOOD" if you want to use our team code :) Have a few members on here and IG/FB running them.

on the oil topic.
Using 5w-40 from Liqui Moly has been perfect for 3 years in a row now. Engine Temps, noise, and delivery is still butter smooth. (using spulen CC)
damn, that a really good price. cant use cup 2's at my track anymore, they were banned.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Why is that?
The rwd guys bitched and complained hard. Awd and fwd cars “were too successful” with them. U can drive on track on cup2’s but you can’t post any times on the official track record

they were gunning to get awd cars banned from using r compound tires all together too. Their excuse? Awd cars don’t require counter steer due to their superior grip.

my track (high plains track) favors the rwd guys hard. It’s utter bullshit.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The rwd guys bitched and complained hard. Awd and fwd cars “were too successful” with them. U can drive on track on cup2’s but you can’t post any times on the official track record

they were gunning to get awd cars banned from using r compound tires all together too. Their excuse? Awd cars don’t require counter steer due to their superior grip.

my track (high plains track) favors the rwd guys hard. It’s utter bullshit.

Uh, I set up 2 STI's for track/autocross and you can make them rotate.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Uh, I set up 2 STI's for track/autocross and you can make them rotate.
Inducing yaw isn’t difficult at all. The rwd guys (some of them, not all) are just brats man. When my neighbor with a focus rs hits the track. A bunch of jerks make these fucked up comments. It’s unsportsmanlike

Neighbor tells me, when I’d go for a lap in the wrx those dicks say things like “let’s see that wetback hit the wall”

I hate it but it’s the only road course near me. The next one is about 160 miles away. I’ve reported these people. A bunch of us have. With video proof in hand. But tracks cater to the Miata guys hard. And they’re in good with the corvette guys. And it’s dominos at that point.

Ive been to three other tracks in America. I’ve never ever seen these types of people. Ever. Everyone was just there to get good times and hang out

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That's crazy. I don't see that at Daytona, Road Atlanta, Roebling Road, FIRM or Sebring, which are the tracks near me.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Inducing yaw isn’t difficult at all. The rwd guys (some of them, not all) are just brats man. When my neighbor with a focus rs hits the track. A bunch of jerks make these fucked up comments. It’s unsportsmanlike

Neighbor tells me, when I’d go for a lap in the wrx those dicks say things like “let’s see that wetback hit the wall”

I hate it but it’s the only road course near me. The next one is about 160 miles away. I’ve reported these people. A bunch of us have. With video proof in hand. But tracks cater to the Miata guys hard. And they’re in good with the corvette guys. And it’s dominos at that point.

Ive been to three other tracks in America. I’ve never ever seen these types of people. Ever. Everyone was just there to get good times and hang out
Fuck every single one of those members. Next time get photos of them and post it.

Refuse to tolerate that shit and thats incredible that your orgnaization caved to ban something on those grounds.

The 651s should 100% do the job, will be a stiffer sidewall and will have a bit more audible feedback than the cups.

but fuck those guys.

Im curious what tire do they run? I'm assuming to ban the cup 2s... they must have had an alternative ready.

Can you link the website for this series? I wanna see the rest of the their rules.

Last edited:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Fuck every single one of those members. Next time get photos of them and post it.

Refuse to tolerate that shit and thats incredible that your orgnaization caved to ban something on those grounds.

The 651s should 100% do the job, will be a stiffer sidewall and will have a bit more audible feedback than the cups.

but fuck those guys.

Im curious what tire do they run? I'm assuming to ban the cup 2s... they must have had an alternative ready.

Can you link the website for this series? I wanna see the rest of the their rules.
Publicly shaming someone could earn a ban man. I don’t want to risk it. My membership dues are zero since I’m a disabled veteran.

I’m not really chummy with them. I’m not sure what they’re running. I do want to make this clear though, it isn’t all of em. It’s a small group but they have the loudest voice there. Half of them work or work for or instruct on the track. Hence why the track kinda caters to them

Last edited:

A7xogg

Passed Driver's Ed
You should cause oil drops in viscosity as it gets hot. I'm pretty sure 250-260 is normal for a tracked mbq. I'd switch to a 50w at least

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
I was getting massive clouds of smoke with my 2019, car would sputter for half a lap. I'd have to take it easy to keep it from smoking. Haven't had same issue since switching to BL. I haven't tried BL with anything but 200tw, so other people with stickier tires might not be as lucky.

I'm planning on adding a baffled oil pan and CC as the car gets faster and more developed.
Sorry for the noob question but what is BL?

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Publicly shaming someone could earn a ban man. I don’t want to risk it. My membership dues are zero since I’m a disabled veteran.

I’m not really chummy with them. I’m not sure what they’re running. I do want to make this clear though, it isn’t all of em. It’s a small group but they have the loudest voice there. Half of them work or work for or instruct on the track. Hence why the track kinda caters to them
Thats fine but whats the series?

They are banning a 180tw tire from FWD and AWD competitors is weird. I wanna see the rules so I can see what else we can exploit to make sure they never see another podium again.

I was on the website for the track but don't see anything about competitions.