GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anybody have experience with BOTH Sneeky & EQT?

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Looking to go stage 1 (JB4 is off the car, stock is leaving me wanting more) - waffling between Sneeky and EQT - I haven't seen anything truly critical about either. People on Sneeky love it and people on EQT love it. Has anybody out there tried them both?

The only thing that has me leaning towards EQT is the TCU tune and being able to "keep it in the family"

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It doesn't hurt at all to get the ECU from a different company then the DSG tune.

max_power

Go Kart Newbie
I am running the IE DSG tune and am switching to sneeky 93/e85 this weekend. I figure if I don't end up liking it, I can go EQT during the boost weather sale.

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I am biased towards EQT, I've been running their stage 2 93oct and DSG tune for a year and a half with 0 issues and the car is a little rocket! Looking to run their Vortex XL with all of the fueling upgrades by sometime next year hopefully!

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I am biased towards EQT, I've been running their stage 2 93oct and DSG tune for a year and a half with 0 issues and the car is a little rocket! Looking to run their Vortex XL with all of the fueling upgrades by sometime next year hopefully!
28419D5B-BF34-4C4E-B68A-EA6A86E5E730.jpeg

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Bruh 90 alerts? How you live like that

Your post is also 100% accurate. This question would be much better on the Facebook threads. Get a real shitstorm goin on over there
Yeah, if you want to see what a bunch of dumbass, dick sucking fucktards can say then head on over to the FB threads.

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT
Have used them both prior to my IS38

I'm in the camp of "Flip a coin"

Sneeky seems more willing right now to work with people on the flash tunes if they have a problem or question/request.

EQT seems to have quite the workload, and my experience on the flash tune side of things is, you get what you get.

They both feel great and come on a bit differently, EQT does seem a tad more aggressive from a logging perspective up top running 1-2 degree's more timing.

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI

Mk7gtifl

Ready to race!
I had stage 2 EQT and Sneeky for both, my GTI and S3, for base map EQT by far, if you’re doing big turbo, big fueling custom tune then you should consider sneeky.

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
I ran sneekys is20 pump gas tune and the stage 2 from EQT. I did feel sneeks was a bit punchier, could be attributed to tuning style *boost onset, timing in certain rpm ranges* i may have been partial to it for the pops that it made which i thought was great when i first got the car.

For the dsg i am using EQT both when i was is20 and then upgraded the file to the is38 tcu file when i switched

I also use sneeks 91 octane file for the is38 when i am not running the e35 dyno tune from EQT.

both companies have been very quick to respond to questions and offer assistance when needed. I have had great experience with both of them, I would not hesitate to use either one.