GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anybody a video game junkie?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I have been playing the hell out of Demon's Souls on PS5. I couldn't get in to it on PS3 when it first came out, which in turn kind of soured me on the Soul's series as a whole. Totally different for me this time around. Loving the pace and the methodicalness of it all.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Metroid Dread is pretty good.

I got too many new games at once, this is one of them on the list. My wife got me Dread and Skyward Sword HD for my birthday. I grabbed Far Cry 6 since I really liked 5 and love Giancarlo Esposito, and some friends talked me into playing New World with them...

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I got too many new games at once, this is one of them on the list. My wife got me Dread and Skyward Sword HD for my birthday. I grabbed Far Cry 6 since I really liked 5 and love Giancarlo Esposito, and some friends talked me into playing New World with them...
How are you liking New World?

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
The Battlefield Beta was okay. Buggy in the way that Betas usually are, but it ran smooth on my machine otherwise. Will pick up as a few friends are as well.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
How are you liking New World?

Eh. I'm enjoying it for now, but don't see it being something long term. Very repetitive, and eeverything is a grind. Have to grind up your character level. Have to grind up your weapon skill (which basically sets your class). Have to grind your rep with every town in each zone. Have to grind every gathering profession. Have to grind every crafting profession. There are a billion different materials to keep track of. Each "build" only has 3 skills, so combat is pretty boring.

Turbongr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7

I got a Switch and bought SS because I was getting tired of restarting BOTW but finally, on my fourth new game, got passable at combat in BOTW and am now fully obsessed.

So now I have SS to look forward to when I'm done w/ BOTW. I'm guessing sometime early 2023.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Is the switch worth it. I don't really play the PS4 much, and I think having hand held ability would change things for me.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Is the switch worth it. I don't really play the PS4 much, and I think having hand held ability would change things for me.

Eh, depends from person to person. I think it has some good games on it. The ability to go from handheld to docked is nice. I'm mostly a PC gamer, but have played a handful of games on the Switch.

Finished Dread yesterday. Overall, liked the game. I think it was a bit too linear. Pretty much everything was done in a straight line. Sure, there was some 'backtracking' to prior zones, but it was a thing of "Oh, I got this new ability I needed to get past an obstacle I previously encountered. I don't need to remember where it was or walk back to it though, this next room has a teleporter to bring me right back to it." Despite the oldschool Metroidvania type map and gameplay, it felt very much in a straight line.

Bosses were great though. Actually challenging. Final boss was ridiculous.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
If you are struggling with Corpius you are in for a bad time. I’m just about to 100% each area of the game then onto the final boss.
On my first run and was tired. Picked it up a few hours later and didn't have a problem. I still have a Polaroid somewhere of me beating the original back around '86.