GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any worries / thoughts buying seats from wreckers?

broadbean

Passed Driver's Ed
This may or may not sound silly, but would anyone have concerns buying seats from a wreckers where the car was totalled? I’m looking at leather seats front and rear from a 2016 Highline for my 2016 Trendline. The HL in question had front air bags deployed, but not the seat airbags.

Didn’t see any obvious dried blood and the impact did not look life threatening.

Anything else I should consider?

Malttv5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 mk7 R , 2015 Po
Hi bb

Are there side air bags in the HL & TL seats front/rear if so are they the same . Do the eletronics match up ie - seat movement ,heating extra .

Not sure if NSW or VIC DOTARS are the same ,they might be the people to ask .
https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/vehicles/

You could get in touch with a VASS Signatory in your a state and find out what would be needed ,their very helpful especially with new cars and reg's regarding written off cars .
https://www.nhvr.gov.au/safety-accr...-and-modifications/approved-vehicle-examiners

Cheers

Mal

broadbean

Passed Driver's Ed
Are there side air bags in the HL & TL seats front/rear if so are they the same . Do the eletronics match up ie - seat movement ,heating extra .

I think they are - no electronic adjustments, presumably no heating, just good old manual adjustments and side airbags. I read somewhere while leather in the HL were standard, electric adjustments were extra. Maybe heating too?

The ones I inspected seemed rather firm, and the outer sides of the thigh area on the driver's seat seemed to have some metal bolstering underneath I don't find on my cloth seats.

In any case, the condition on the back of the rear seats were not great, so I didn't get this set.

I'll go check other threads if later models are still compatible.

Guto

Car(s)
Golf Wagon MK7
Hi,

My full GTI interior came from a wrecker in Sydney, I had no problems with that but you need to know what you're doing.

First try to get the same type of seats, ie. if yours one have manual control try to keep the same as it's a pain on the neck to get everything wired, also, keep in mind that you'll need to replace the airbag module with your original one otherwise you'll have a light on the dash. Don't get the seats if the airbag being deploied on them as they are useles.

I'm happy to help with any information if you need it.

Guto.