GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any wisconsin guys/gals here?

ice raptor

Passed Driver's Ed
Milwaukee area here as well.

Just bought a new 2020 GTI S, after trading in my less practical Subbie BRZ (which I loved dearly). I'm new to the forum, and this is my second VW (but it's been awhile)... had a 2003 1.8T Jetta way back when.
Welcome! How is the new GTI treating you? I was looking at getting a brz/frs for sheetz and giggles to screw around with but my hatred for subaru keeps me from doing so. What made you switch over?

J-Torto

Car(s)
2020 VW Golf GTI S
Welcome! How is the new GTI treating you? I was looking at getting a brz/frs for sheetz and giggles to screw around with but my hatred for subaru keeps me from doing so. What made you switch over?
So far it’s been great. I definitely appreciate the GTI for many of the things the BRZ was not... more comfortable, quieter, smoother ride, etc. And being able to drive it year round and fit my teenage sons in the back seat is huge.

But I’ll miss the BRZ for the things the GTI isn’t - RWD, extremely low center of gravity, a more raw driving experience, and such. There’s something to be said about a car that you can drift thru roundabouts at 35 mph.
That said, I’m good with my decision to go with the GTI, as I know somewhere down the line another RWD sports coupe is in my future. A gently used M2 or a new 400Z perhaps?

ice raptor

Passed Driver's Ed
So far it’s been great. I definitely appreciate the GTI for many of the things the BRZ was not... more comfortable, quieter, smoother ride, etc. And being able to drive it year round and fit my teenage sons in the back seat is huge.

But I’ll miss the BRZ for the things the GTI isn’t - RWD, extremely low center of gravity, a more raw driving experience, and such. There’s something to be said about a car that you can drift thru roundabouts at 35 mph.
That said, I’m good with my decision to go with the GTI, as I know somewhere down the line another RWD sports coupe is in my future. A gently used M2 or a new 400Z perhaps?
Ill be curious what price point the 400Z will turn out to be. I feel its going to be in the 40-50k range and will make me want to rather buy a used S4-5 or Hell for 5 grand more over 50 i could get a used GTR. I hope they learned something with the old Z and will make it more friendly budget priced. But I doubt it.

J-Torto

Car(s)
2020 VW Golf GTI S
Ill be curious what price point the 400Z will turn out to be. I feel its going to be in the 40-50k range and will make me want to rather buy a used S4-5 or Hell for 5 grand more over 50 i could get a used GTR. I hope they learned something with the old Z and will make it more friendly budget priced. But I doubt it.
I suspect they want to undercut the new Supra in price, and they were smart enough to put a manual in it right away... hoping they keep it in the $35-40K range, but you could end up being right.

BradGTI

Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Racine area here. A couple of weeks ago I got a 2020 GTI S.

Attachments

• DSCF0486.jpg
    DSCF0486.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 87

ice raptor

Passed Driver's Ed
I suspect they want to undercut the new Supra in price, and they were smart enough to put a manual in it right away... hoping they keep it in the $35-40K range, but you could end up being right.
I hope i am wrong but will see. I dont have much faith when it comes to sports car pricing anymore.

BradGTI

Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Thanks ice raptor! I was in MINI Coopers for the last 17 years. I did not like the latest version from MINI and I really got tired of paying for the expensive MINI parts. I have owned many VWs in the past and I wanted a tried and tested car. I have seen photos of the Mark 8 and I prefer the Mark 7.5. The first versions of any cars seem to have their issues.

ice raptor

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks ice raptor! I was in MINI Coopers for the last 17 years. I did not like the latest version from MINI and I really got tired of paying for the expensive MINI parts. I have owned many VWs in the past and I wanted a tried and tested car. I have seen photos of the Mark 8 and I prefer the Mark 7.5. The first versions of any cars seem to have their issues.
Yeah i hear you on that one. Glad you are enjoying it though! Hope we can all get a group going when this covid crap passes.