GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any way to "undo" a service interval reset?

mikednonotthatmiked

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE MT6
I changed the oil in my 2019 MK7.5 GTI over the weekend, and in the process, I inadvertently reset the 2yr/20,000mi service interval counter instead of the 1yr/10,000mi oil change interval counter. Is there any way to adjust the service interval to either undo my last reset, or to adjust it manually back to what it was before? I have an OBDeleven gen1 (the white one) and a Pro license in the app if that will help.

Side note: This makes me miss my old 90s era Civic, where resetting the oil life counter was as simple as jamming a key into the slot in the gauge cluster to flip it back from red to green.

yeahforbes

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R DSG
This might help you... assuming you can find the equivalent ODBeleven functions as what is being shown in VCDS:

Your goal wouldn't be to "undo" the reset, the counter will remain at whatever miles/days elapsed since that reset, but what you'd do is shorten it down from 2yr/20k to however many more miles/days you want it to alert you at. For example, if your accidental reset occurred while the counter was at 9000 remaining (i.e., 11000mi elapsed), and if that accident happened 100 miles ago, then go in and set the counter so it has 8900 miles remaining. The downside is that you must repeat this process at that time and change it from 8900 to 20000 like normal!