GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any recommendations for a dealer in NJ?

Open1Your1Eyes0

Car(s)
2023 Golf R DSG
I hope to be purchasing an MK8 Golf R very soon but with all the markup nonsense I've heard going on lately, has anyone had any good experiences with any dealers in New Jersey (or the surrounding area like NY/PA/CT) or have any good recommendations?

I'll be coming from a 2019 Subaru WRX so I'm still pretty new to the whole Euro car scene, but from my research and talking to owners so far I have been really impressed by the Golf R and people's opinions of it. These cars are honestly sleepers for the performance they're offering for the money. And with the friendly close-nit community I've noticed, it's been my experience so far that VW appears to basically be the "Subaru" of the Euro car scene and that really excites me to see that. Really looking forward to diving into the VW Golf R ownership experience very soon! :)

GTI RobG

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
I purchased a Taos from Jack Daniel’s back in August. They had a used MK8 GTI with about 1600 miles and they were asking about 10k over sticker. They are probably still doing the same. Fortunately, they weren’t doing the same on Taos.

Open1Your1Eyes0

Car(s)
2023 Golf R DSG
I purchased a Taos from Jack Daniel’s back in August. They had a used MK8 GTI with about 1600 miles and they were asking about 10k over sticker. They are probably still doing the same. Fortunately, they weren’t doing the same on Taos.

Shame to hear them marking up the MK8's as well as they are one of the bigger dealers in the area as I understand. Thanks much for the input.

RMinNJ

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
I see Trend Motors has an R but it says call for price..that can't be good.

GTI RobG

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
I also drove past Joe Heidt a few days ago and the lot was pretty empty, but it can’t hurt to call them and see what’s up. I bought my GTI used from Paul Miller back in 2021 so you could try them as well.

Open1Your1Eyes0

Car(s)
2023 Golf R DSG
Thanks much for the input guys, really appreciate it. If anyone has any good recommendations for what is a relatively reputable dealer that tries not to markup as much as possible would be most helpful as well. :)

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
I purchase my MK6 GTI from Trend in 2013... It was a pretty easy buying experience. Can't say much about the price though. They charged the going rate at the time. Since you're in the market for something they know someone will pay what they're asking for, highly doubt you're going to get a deal on it. Good luck though. I'm also curious if you called Trend, what they're asking for. If it's reasonable, I would work with them. They were also "mod" friendly the last few times I used them for service. Not to mention they offered APR+ I think it was called? They would tune your car from the dealer and offer you an extended warranty to go with it. No idea if they're still offering that. My Mk7 was purchased used from a Honda dealer, lol.