GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any ODIS GURU's around?

Hotwire1

Passed Driver's Ed
Good afternoon,

Iv been using ODIS for a few years for the minor stuff that I would have done with VCDS if I still had it. But, I'd like to get a little more familiar with it. Some retrofitting and stuff. Anyone able to give us a quick look into that? Perhaps some guidance?

Somnus

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2008 A4
What specifically do you want to know about it?

I'll help where I can, but I wouldn't consider myself a "guru" with it.

Last edited:

Hotwire1

Passed Driver's Ed
Iv been using ODIS for basic guided functions. But I am looking more into parameterization and flashing. Thanks!

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
I have been using VAS5054 clone with ODIS S and E., the experience i had so far is, it is easy to get hold of the flash files (from other internet forums, downloads and torrents)., but not the parameterization or the xml file. Believe you need to have genuine tool and software with a online connection to VAG server. Because the parameterization/xml file is specific to the vehicle model. Had to always reach out to other forum members to get this file.

Give this forum a try - cartechnology.co.uk., has a lot of experienced members specifically on this particular topic.

Lesson learnt so far, unless you are retrofitting or getting a new factory virgin module (eg. BCM, Park Assist, Front Radar, Lane Assist, etc) that needs a flash., dont mess with it., just leave it as is, if it is working just fine...

Hotwire1

Passed Driver's Ed
I have been using VAS5054 clone with ODIS S and E., the experience i had so far is, it is easy to get hold of the flash files (from other internet forums, downloads and torrents)., but not the parameterization or the xml file. Believe you need to have genuine tool and software with a online connection to VAG server. Because the parameterization/xml file is specific to the vehicle model. Had to always reach out to other forum members to get this file.

Give this forum a try - cartechnology.co.uk., has a lot of experienced members specifically on this particular topic.

Lesson learnt so far, unless you are retrofitting or getting a new factory virgin module (eg. BCM, Park Assist, Front Radar, Lane Assist, etc) that needs a flash., dont mess with it., just leave it as is, if it is working just fine...

Thank you VERY much for your insight, I SHOULD probably leave things alone.. SHOULD...

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie

Just use VCP. All the parameter files available for download.

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Just use VCP. All the parameter files available for download.

I disagree to that., i have VCP., They do not have all Zdf files published for all controllers and models. And their service is pathetic. Takes months to resolve or provide newer files when requested.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I disagree to that., i have VCP., They do not have all Zdf files published for all controllers and models. And their service is pathetic. Takes months to resolve or provide newer files when requested.
Can't say I've had any issues. I asked for a file and they uploaded it within a couple of days.